Twilight co-star Ashley Greene has been tapped for the female lead opposite Anthony LaPaglia in ABC’s drama pilot Americana, a soap about a famous fashion industry clan. It centers on iconic fashion designer Robert Soulter (Anthony LaPaglia), the patriarch of a sprawling family who just welcomed a new member, Alice Clarke (Greene), a young designer whose shocking arrival turns the family and the legendary label inside out. Playing a character named Alice won’t be new for Greene, best known for her role as Alice Cullen in the blockbuster Twilight franchise. Americana reunites the actress with ABC where she recurred on Pan Am this season. Michael Seitzman wrote the pilot with Phillip Noyce directing for ABC Studios and the Mark Gordon Co.
Ashley Greene To Star In ABC Drama Pilot 'Americana'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Bart Simpson Hits The Croisette — Vocally, That Is: Cannes Video
- TLC Mulls ‘19 Kids And Counting’ Future As Josh Duggar Apologizes For Having “Acted Inexcusably”
- Jessica Rovins Moves To Paramount TV As EVP Communications
- David Letterman & Twitter: How #ThanksDave Did In The Past 24 Hours
- Full 2014-15 TV Season Series Rankings: Football & ‘Empire’ Ruled
- IATSE’s New Film & TV Contract Includes 3% Annual Raises, Pension Increases