Twilight co-star Ashley Greene has been tapped for the female lead opposite Anthony LaPaglia in ABC’s drama pilot Americana, a soap about a famous fashion industry clan. It centers on iconic fashion designer Robert Soulter (Anthony LaPaglia), the patriarch of a sprawling family who just welcomed a new member, Alice Clarke (Greene), a young designer whose shocking arrival turns the family and the legendary label inside out. Playing a character named Alice won’t be new for Greene, best known for her role as Alice Cullen in the blockbuster Twilight franchise. Americana reunites the actress with ABC where she recurred on Pan Am this season. Michael Seitzman wrote the pilot with Phillip Noyce directing for ABC Studios and the Mark Gordon Co.
Ashley Greene To Star In ABC Drama Pilot 'Americana'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate