Anthony LaPaglia, who had 3 pilots at 3 networks vying for his services, has closed a deal to topline the ABC drama pilot Americana, a soap about a famous fashion industry clan. It centers on iconic fashion designer Robert Soulter (LaPaglia), the patriarch of a sprawling family who just welcomed a new member, a young designer whose shocking arrival turns the family and the legendary label inside out. Michael Seitzman wrote the script, with Phillip Noyce, who helmed the pilot for ABC’s Revenge last year, directing. Seitzman, Mark Gordon and Nicholas Pepper executive produce for ABC Studios and the Mark Gordon Co. This marks the return to television and the first TV role for LaPaglia since his starring turn on the popular CBS crime drama Without A Trace, which earned him a Golden Globe Award. The Aussie actor, repped by CAA and Industry Entertainment, is currently filming Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained.
Anthony LaPaglia To Star In ABC Drama Pilot 'Americana'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Roars On To Tracking, Looking To Shake Up March Records - Box Office Projection
Latest TV News
- ‘24: Legacy’ Producers Apologize For Use Of 2013 Nairobi Terror Attack Footage
- ‘Feud: Bette & Jane’ Review: Jessica Lange & Susan Sarandon Kill In H’wood War Story
- ‘Somewhere Between’ Casts JR Bourne; Eden Brolin Upped To Regular In ‘Beyond’
- ‘Community’ Reunion Set As Dan Harmon Guests On Ken Jeong’s ‘Dr. Ken’ Season Finale
- Debby Ryan To Star In the CW Pilot ‘Insatiable’
- ‘Unit Zero’: Rob Huebel Cast In ABC’s Toni Collette Spy Dramedy Pilot