Anthony LaPaglia, who had 3 pilots at 3 networks vying for his services, has closed a deal to topline the ABC drama pilot Americana, a soap about a famous fashion industry clan. It centers on iconic fashion designer Robert Soulter (LaPaglia), the patriarch of a sprawling family who just welcomed a new member, a young designer whose shocking arrival turns the family and the legendary label inside out. Michael Seitzman wrote the script, with Phillip Noyce, who helmed the pilot for ABC’s Revenge last year, directing. Seitzman, Mark Gordon and Nicholas Pepper executive produce for ABC Studios and the Mark Gordon Co. This marks the return to television and the first TV role for LaPaglia since his starring turn on the popular CBS crime drama Without A Trace, which earned him a Golden Globe Award. The Aussie actor, repped by CAA and Industry Entertainment, is currently filming Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained.
Anthony LaPaglia To Star In ABC Drama Pilot 'Americana'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Empire' Ratings Fall To Low As Dolly Parton Movie Wins In Viewers; 'Arrow' Hits Season Highs With Mega-Crossover
Latest TV News
- The CW Buys ‘Hellmart’ Department Store Dramedy From Ben & Dan Newmark
- ‘The Woods’ TV Series Based On Boom! Comic In Works At Syfy With Brad Peyton
- ‘Zoo’ Ups Gracie Dzienny To Series Regular For Season 3
- Casey Affleck & John Cena To Host ‘SNL’ Shows This Month
- Hollywood Turns Out To Help Find Cure For Angelman Syndrome
- Seth MacFarlane Tweets Thoughts On Trump And Why Hollywood “Hates” Him; Trump Fans Hate Seth Back