Anthony LaPaglia, who had 3 pilots at 3 networks vying for his services, has closed a deal to topline the ABC drama pilot Americana, a soap about a famous fashion industry clan. It centers on iconic fashion designer Robert Soulter (LaPaglia), the patriarch of a sprawling family who just welcomed a new member, a young designer whose shocking arrival turns the family and the legendary label inside out. Michael Seitzman wrote the script, with Phillip Noyce, who helmed the pilot for ABC’s Revenge last year, directing. Seitzman, Mark Gordon and Nicholas Pepper executive produce for ABC Studios and the Mark Gordon Co. This marks the return to television and the first TV role for LaPaglia since his starring turn on the popular CBS crime drama Without A Trace, which earned him a Golden Globe Award. The Aussie actor, repped by CAA and Industry Entertainment, is currently filming Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained.
Anthony LaPaglia To Star In ABC Drama Pilot 'Americana'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘The Blues Brothers’ Animated Series With Dan Aykroyd In The Works At Bento Box
- Donald Trump: “I Have Watched Ted Cruz Become More Unhinged” – Update
- ‘Chopped’ Creators Ink First-Look Deal With eOne
- Rosie Perez, Ron Livingston Among Five Cast In TBS’ Search Party’
- Tom Harper To Direct ‘The Son’ On AMC
- Skydance Media Buys Game Developer The Workshop And Launches Interactive Division