Anthony LaPaglia, who had 3 pilots at 3 networks vying for his services, has closed a deal to topline the ABC drama pilot Americana, a soap about a famous fashion industry clan. It centers on iconic fashion designer Robert Soulter (LaPaglia), the patriarch of a sprawling family who just welcomed a new member, a young designer whose shocking arrival turns the family and the legendary label inside out. Michael Seitzman wrote the script, with Phillip Noyce, who helmed the pilot for ABC’s Revenge last year, directing. Seitzman, Mark Gordon and Nicholas Pepper executive produce for ABC Studios and the Mark Gordon Co. This marks the return to television and the first TV role for LaPaglia since his starring turn on the popular CBS crime drama Without A Trace, which earned him a Golden Globe Award. The Aussie actor, repped by CAA and Industry Entertainment, is currently filming Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained.
Anthony LaPaglia To Star In ABC Drama Pilot 'Americana'
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On 'Norm Macdonald Live'
Latest TV News
- Imagine Announces $100M TV Production Venture With China’s TVB
- ITV Earnings Down In First Half Amid UK Advertising Slump
- ‘Hit The Road’ Star Jason Alexander On Making A Family Comedy Not For Families — TCA
- David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On ‘Norm Macdonald Live’
- ‘Loudermilk’ Star Ron Livingston Wonders If Critics Watch TV Until Their Eyes Bleed – TCA
- ‘Mr. Mercedes’ Director On Tackling Violent Themes — TCA