Anthony LaPaglia, who had 3 pilots at 3 networks vying for his services, has closed a deal to topline the ABC drama pilot Americana, a soap about a famous fashion industry clan. It centers on iconic fashion designer Robert Soulter (LaPaglia), the patriarch of a sprawling family who just welcomed a new member, a young designer whose shocking arrival turns the family and the legendary label inside out. Michael Seitzman wrote the script, with Phillip Noyce, who helmed the pilot for ABC’s Revenge last year, directing. Seitzman, Mark Gordon and Nicholas Pepper executive produce for ABC Studios and the Mark Gordon Co. This marks the return to television and the first TV role for LaPaglia since his starring turn on the popular CBS crime drama Without A Trace, which earned him a Golden Globe Award. The Aussie actor, repped by CAA and Industry Entertainment, is currently filming Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained.
Anthony LaPaglia To Star In ABC Drama Pilot 'Americana'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
Latest TV News
- ‘Arrested Development’s Jessica Walter Alleges Jeffrey Tambor Verbally Harassed Her
- Mark Wahlberg, Stephen Levinson & Archie Gips’ Unrealistic Ideas Taps Jonty Nash As Head Of Development
- ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate’s Claim That Network Didn’t Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer…
- John Malkovich To Play Hercule Poirot In ‘The ABC Murders’ For BBC One
- Former ‘Bachelorette’ Star Claims She Was Sexually Assaulted By Show’s Masseuse
- Why Is Comcast Still So Hot For Fox?