Anthony LaPaglia, who had 3 pilots at 3 networks vying for his services, has closed a deal to topline the ABC drama pilot Americana, a soap about a famous fashion industry clan. It centers on iconic fashion designer Robert Soulter (LaPaglia), the patriarch of a sprawling family who just welcomed a new member, a young designer whose shocking arrival turns the family and the legendary label inside out. Michael Seitzman wrote the script, with Phillip Noyce, who helmed the pilot for ABC’s Revenge last year, directing. Seitzman, Mark Gordon and Nicholas Pepper executive produce for ABC Studios and the Mark Gordon Co. This marks the return to television and the first TV role for LaPaglia since his starring turn on the popular CBS crime drama Without A Trace, which earned him a Golden Globe Award. The Aussie actor, repped by CAA and Industry Entertainment, is currently filming Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained.
Anthony LaPaglia To Star In ABC Drama Pilot 'Americana'
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
'Split' Soars To Mid-$30M After Solid $2M Start; 'xXx,' $1.2M, 'Founder,' $105K In Previews As 'Hidden Figures' Stays Strong - Friday - UPDATE
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher Calls Trump Inaugural Address “Joyless And Ugly And Dividing”
- Did Twitter Force Obama Supporters To Follow New Trump @POTUS Account?
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Inaugural Address Positively Lincolnish
- Nils Larsen Joins Management 360
- 'Raised By Wolves' Comedy From Diablo Cody & Berlanti TV Gets ABC Pilot Order
- CBS Orders Dan Kopelman Man’s Life Comedy Pilot From Kapital Entertainment