Anthony LaPaglia, who had 3 pilots at 3 networks vying for his services, has closed a deal to topline the ABC drama pilot Americana, a soap about a famous fashion industry clan. It centers on iconic fashion designer Robert Soulter (LaPaglia), the patriarch of a sprawling family who just welcomed a new member, a young designer whose shocking arrival turns the family and the legendary label inside out. Michael Seitzman wrote the script, with Phillip Noyce, who helmed the pilot for ABC’s Revenge last year, directing. Seitzman, Mark Gordon and Nicholas Pepper executive produce for ABC Studios and the Mark Gordon Co. This marks the return to television and the first TV role for LaPaglia since his starring turn on the popular CBS crime drama Without A Trace, which earned him a Golden Globe Award. The Aussie actor, repped by CAA and Industry Entertainment, is currently filming Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained.
Anthony LaPaglia To Star In ABC Drama Pilot 'Americana'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Cable TV’s Consumer Satisfaction Scores Improve But Remain Low: Study
- Simon Cowell Makes U.S. TV Return A Kinder, Gentler ‘America’s Got Talent’ Judge
- ‘Outcast’ Review: Robert Kirkman’s Cinemax Series Not For The Squeamish
- Verne Lundquist Leaving ‘SEC On CBS’ Booth After 2016; Brad Nessler Subbing In
- Universal TV President Bela Bajaria Out; Pearlena Igbokwe Eyed As Replacement
- Don Mischer Will Be Back As Producer Of Primetime Emmy Awards