Anthony LaPaglia, who had 3 pilots at 3 networks vying for his services, has closed a deal to topline the ABC drama pilot Americana, a soap about a famous fashion industry clan. It centers on iconic fashion designer Robert Soulter (LaPaglia), the patriarch of a sprawling family who just welcomed a new member, a young designer whose shocking arrival turns the family and the legendary label inside out. Michael Seitzman wrote the script, with Phillip Noyce, who helmed the pilot for ABC’s Revenge last year, directing. Seitzman, Mark Gordon and Nicholas Pepper executive produce for ABC Studios and the Mark Gordon Co. This marks the return to television and the first TV role for LaPaglia since his starring turn on the popular CBS crime drama Without A Trace, which earned him a Golden Globe Award. The Aussie actor, repped by CAA and Industry Entertainment, is currently filming Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained.
Anthony LaPaglia To Star In ABC Drama Pilot 'Americana'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Fox Sports Adds A Year To Its Rights Deal For Big3 Professional Basketball
- ‘The Opposition With Jordan Klepper’: First Look At Comedy Central’s ‘Daily Show’ Spinoff
- Donald Trump Congratulates Self On Twitter For Phoenix Speech
- “Back Up, You Creep!”: Hillary Clinton Ponders What Might Have Been
- HBO & Sky Sink Teeth Into Bad Wolf With Minority Investment – Edinburgh
- BBC2 Acquires John Singleton’s ‘Snowfall’; Sets ‘League Of Gentlemen’ Return – Edinburgh