With CBS’ daytime talk show The Talk doing well in the ratings, the network executive who oversees it, Angelica McDaniel, is getting a promotion. McDaniel has been upped to SVP, Daytime, CBS Entertainment, a position that had been vacant for the past year, since Barbara Bloom left in January 2011 after 8 years. In he new role, McDaniel will oversee CBS’ daytime lineup, including dramas The Young And The Restless and Bold And The Beautiful, game shows The Price Is Right and Let’s Make A Deal as well as The Talk, reporting to CBS Entertainment president Nina Tassler. It has been a fast rise for McDaniel, who joined CBS in August 2010. She most recently served as VP, Current Daytime Programs, overseeing The Talk, and will continue to shepherd the day-to-day creative affairs for the talk show. “Angelica has made invaluable contributions to the launch and success of The Talk,” Tassler said. “Her strategic and creative vision and understanding of the daytime landscape will continue to move CBS Daytime in the right direction as this successful and profitable day part continues to evolve.” Before joining CBS, McDaniel was a creative executive in the Telepictures/Warner Bros. program development department.
Angelica McDaniel Upped To SVP And Head Of Daytime At CBS
What's Hot on Deadline
Exiting Fox News Analyst Blasts Network As "Propaganda Machine" For "Ethically Ruinous Administration"
Latest TV News
- Cécile Frot-Coutaz Exiting As CEO Of FremantleMedia
- ‘Supernatural’ EPs & Cast On Potential Season 14 Pick Up & What To Expect In The Remaining Episodes
- Jimmy Kimmel Lacerates Donald Trump For Congratulating Vladimir Putin On Fixed Election Win
- As The Weinstein World Turns, Industry Asks: Who Is Lantern Asset Management?
- Olivia De Havilland’s Lawyers Make Her Case In ‘Feud’ Appeals Hearing
- Bankruptcy Court Approves Weinstein Co.’s Plans To Keep Lights On, Employees Paid