EXCLUSIVE: Emmy winner Andre Braugher is set to lead the ensemble cast of ABC’s drama pilot Last Resort, executive produced by Shawn Ryan and written-executive produced by Karl Gajdusek. The Sony TV-produced project centers on the crew of the U.S.S. Nevada, a nuclear submarine, who, after disobeying a suspicious order, become fugitives. They land on the island of Sainte Marina, where they take over the NATO Listening Station and declare themselves an independent nuclear nation. Braugher will play Capt. Marcus Chaplin, the commander of the U.S.S. Nevada, a veteran of real combat, a leader by nature and a patriot, but will not follow any man blindly. Braugher, repped by WME and Principato-Young, won Emmys for his lead roles on Homicide and Thief. He most recently starred on the TNT dramedy Men Of A Certain Age, which earned him 2 Emmy nominations. This marks the second military-themed ensemble drama from Ryan to cast an well-known black actor as the lead, following the CBS series The Unit, which starred Dennis Haysbert.
Andre Braugher To Star In Shawn Ryan's ABC Drama Pilot 'Last Resort'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Miss Peregrine' Rules With $26M; 'Deepwater Horizon' Raises To $20M; 'Masterminds' Dumbs Down - Sat. Update
'Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children' Review: Eccentric Family Movie Is Tim Burton's Perfect Match
Latest TV News
- Did ‘Luke Cage’ Break Netflix? Outage Leaves Saturday Bingers In Dark
- NBC Axes Manson Drama ‘Aquarius’ After Two Seasons
- Richard Trentlage Dies; Ad Man Wrote Iconic Oscar Mayer Wiener Jingle
- ‘MacGyver’ Ratings Down In Week 2 But CBS Still Tops Night, ‘Exorcist’ Falls
- Samantha Bee On Debate: Donald Trump Revealed Himself In Small Ways
- Sean Penn Plugs Mysterious “Author” Pappy Pariah On HBO’s ‘Real Time With Bill Maher’