EXCLUSIVE: Emmy winner Andre Braugher is set to lead the ensemble cast of ABC’s drama pilot Last Resort, executive produced by Shawn Ryan and written-executive produced by Karl Gajdusek. The Sony TV-produced project centers on the crew of the U.S.S. Nevada, a nuclear submarine, who, after disobeying a suspicious order, become fugitives. They land on the island of Sainte Marina, where they take over the NATO Listening Station and declare themselves an independent nuclear nation. Braugher will play Capt. Marcus Chaplin, the commander of the U.S.S. Nevada, a veteran of real combat, a leader by nature and a patriot, but will not follow any man blindly. Braugher, repped by WME and Principato-Young, won Emmys for his lead roles on Homicide and Thief. He most recently starred on the TNT dramedy Men Of A Certain Age, which earned him 2 Emmy nominations. This marks the second military-themed ensemble drama from Ryan to cast an well-known black actor as the lead, following the CBS series The Unit, which starred Dennis Haysbert.
Andre Braugher To Star In Shawn Ryan's ABC Drama Pilot 'Last Resort'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Apocalypse' & 'Alice' Take A Dive On Saturday As Memorial Day B.O. Bloodbath Continues - Late Night Update
Sequel To Cult Sci-Fi Pic 'The Man From Earth' A Go With Vanessa Williams, Sterling Knight Among Cast
Daniel Craig And Katherine Heigl Finalizing Deals To Join Steven Soderbergh's 'Logan Lucky' As James Bond News Surfaces
Latest TV News
- ‘Chelsea’ Executive Producer Bill Wolff Departs Netflix Talk Show
- Indie Producers Say They're Getting Shortchanged By California's Tax Incentives Program
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: ‘The Circus’ Is Apt Name For Showtime Docuseries Chronicling…
- ‘Glee’ Actor Mark Salling Indicted On Child Porn Charges, Faces 20 Years In Prison
- Donald Trump Backs Out Of Debate With Bernie Sanders, TV Networks Mourn
- Viacom’s Battle With Sumner Redstone Could Hurt Credit, S&P Says