Sundance’s Park City at Midnight premiere Excision is headed to North America via Anchor Bay Films, which picked up the film by first-time feature writer-director Richard Bates Jr. Produced by Dylan Hale Lewis, the horror pic’s cast includes AnnaLynne McCord, Traci Lords, Ariel Winter, Roger Bart and John Waters, the film centers on and outcast student (McCord) who is convinced that the best way to repair her estranged relationship with her family is to perform a risky operation to save her sister’s life. The deal was negotiated by Kevin Kasha, Josh Thomashow and Marc Barson for Anchor Bay; Kevin Iwashina and Christine D’Souza of Preferred Content; Cassian Elwes; and Elsa Ramo on behalf of the filmmakers. Excision is based on Bates’ short film of the same title.
Anchor Bay Picks Up Sundance's 'Excision'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15.6M Opening Day; CinemaScore Dips To B+ - Update
'Quantico': Priyanka Chopra Among 4 Cast Members Returning For Season 3, Michael Seitzman Set As New Showrunner
Latest Film News
- Jay Roth Fete: The Reason You Can’t Get A Hollywood Mogul On The Phone Tonight
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Donald Trump: “When Was The Last Time An Actor Assassinated A President?”
- Peter Bart: Are Fabulous Female Directors Limited By Tired Dude Genres?
- L.A. Film Fest Award Winners: ‘Becks’, ‘The Keeping Hours’ Among Honorees – Complete List
- ‘Superior Donuts’ Star Jermaine Fowler Cast In ‘Sorry To Bother You’
- OAZ Makes Daniel Abrams A Partner