Sundance’s Park City at Midnight premiere Excision is headed to North America via Anchor Bay Films, which picked up the film by first-time feature writer-director Richard Bates Jr. Produced by Dylan Hale Lewis, the horror pic’s cast includes AnnaLynne McCord, Traci Lords, Ariel Winter, Roger Bart and John Waters, the film centers on and outcast student (McCord) who is convinced that the best way to repair her estranged relationship with her family is to perform a risky operation to save her sister’s life. The deal was negotiated by Kevin Kasha, Josh Thomashow and Marc Barson for Anchor Bay; Kevin Iwashina and Christine D’Souza of Preferred Content; Cassian Elwes; and Elsa Ramo on behalf of the filmmakers. Excision is based on Bates’ short film of the same title.
Anchor Bay Picks Up Sundance's 'Excision'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office: 'If I Stay' Best Of Lifeless Bunch As 'Sin City 2' Tanks, 'Game' Tries To Find Footing And 'Guardians' No. 1
More From Brooks
- Specialty B.O. Preview: 'Love Is Strange', 'Are You Here', 'To Be Takei', 'Winter In The Blood', 'The Olivia Experiment'…
- 'The Trip To Italy' Favoloso In Specialty Box Office Debut
- Specialty Box Office Preview: 'The Trip To Italy', 'Frank', 'Jealousy', 'Life After Beth', 'Fort McCoy'
- James Cameron's 'Deepsea Challenge 3D' Can't Surface An Audience In Specialty Box Office Debut
- Specialty Box Office Preview: James Cameron Dives Into 'Deepsea Challenge 3D'
- 'Calvary' Prayers Answered At Specialty Box Office As 'A Most Wanted Man' Still Wanted In Expansion