Sundance’s Park City at Midnight premiere Excision is headed to North America via Anchor Bay Films, which picked up the film by first-time feature writer-director Richard Bates Jr. Produced by Dylan Hale Lewis, the horror pic’s cast includes AnnaLynne McCord, Traci Lords, Ariel Winter, Roger Bart and John Waters, the film centers on and outcast student (McCord) who is convinced that the best way to repair her estranged relationship with her family is to perform a risky operation to save her sister’s life. The deal was negotiated by Kevin Kasha, Josh Thomashow and Marc Barson for Anchor Bay; Kevin Iwashina and Christine D’Souza of Preferred Content; Cassian Elwes; and Elsa Ramo on behalf of the filmmakers. Excision is based on Bates’ short film of the same title.
Anchor Bay Picks Up Sundance's 'Excision'
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest Film News
- California Bill To Boost Funding For Hollywood Job Training Passes Committee
- Studios & WGA Can’t Even Agree On Lost Revenues From Last Strike
- ‘Psychopaths’ Helmer Mickey Keating On His Altman-esque Approach To Horror — Tribeca Studio
- Tom Hanks, Jodie Foster, David Byrne, Meryl Streep Remember Jonathan Demme
- Nicolas Cage Breaks Ankle On Movie Set In Bulgaria
- ‘Dog Years’: Adam Rifkin Was Only Going To Make His Latest Movie With Burt Reynolds In The Lead Role…