EXCLUSIVE: Ana Ortiz is back at ABC. The Ugly Betty alumna has been tapped to play the central character in the ABC pilot Devious Maids, from Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry. Based on the Mexican format, the soap follows four maids with ambition and dreams of their own while they work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. Leading the quartet is Marisol (Ortiz), a college-educated woman who has a secret agenda for finding work as a domestic in the upscale neighborhood. Ortiz joins recently cast Dania Ramirez. Ortiz, repped by Gersh, manager Geordie Frey and attorney Brad Small, most recently appeared in Martin Lawrence’s Big Mamma: Like Father Like Son and did an arc on HBO’s Hung.
Ana Ortiz To Lead The Cast Of Marc Cherry's ABC Pilot 'Devious Maids'
What's Hot on Deadline
Why 'Transformers' Is Screaming For Reboot After $69M Start; 'Wonder Woman' & 'Cars 3' Fight Over 2nd Place - Sunday AM
Latest TV News
- ‘Mozart In The Jungle’ Co-Supervising Sound Editor On Bringing Musical Instruments Into The Foley Department
- ‘Our Fascinating Planet’s Demetri Martin On Short-Form Satisfaction And Expanding The Narrative With ‘Dean…
- ‘Rats’ Director Morgan Spurlock On Crafting A Documentary That Plays Like A Horror Film
- CNN’s ‘Reliable Sources’ Calls ‘Fox & Friends’ A Trump “Infomercial”
- ‘The Leftovers’ Creators Damon Lindelof & Tom Perrotta On Their Story Of Survivors
- ‘Bright Lights’ Directors Alexis Bloom & Fisher Stevens On Two Hollywood Icons Who Never Stopped Performing