EXCLUSIVE: Ana Ortiz is back at ABC. The Ugly Betty alumna has been tapped to play the central character in the ABC pilot Devious Maids, from Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry. Based on the Mexican format, the soap follows four maids with ambition and dreams of their own while they work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. Leading the quartet is Marisol (Ortiz), a college-educated woman who has a secret agenda for finding work as a domestic in the upscale neighborhood. Ortiz joins recently cast Dania Ramirez. Ortiz, repped by Gersh, manager Geordie Frey and attorney Brad Small, most recently appeared in Martin Lawrence’s Big Mamma: Like Father Like Son and did an arc on HBO’s Hung.
Ana Ortiz To Lead The Cast Of Marc Cherry's ABC Pilot 'Devious Maids'
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Andreeva
- Fox Boston Affiliate Goes Dark On Verizon FiOS Over Carriage Dispute With Cox
- Plan For Imposing Quota On Hollywood Movies Scrapped By Russian Parliament
- CBS Sets 2015 Greatest Super Bowl Commercials Special
- 'Charlie Brown Thanksgiving' Surges, 'Red Band Society' Hits 0.7 Rating Wednesday
- 'Red Band Society' Pulled From Schedule, Will Stop Production After 13 Episodes
- Networks Scale Back, Bet On Remakes & Medical Dramas This Development Season