EXCLUSIVE: Ana Ortiz is back at ABC. The Ugly Betty alumna has been tapped to play the central character in the ABC pilot Devious Maids, from Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry. Based on the Mexican format, the soap follows four maids with ambition and dreams of their own while they work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. Leading the quartet is Marisol (Ortiz), a college-educated woman who has a secret agenda for finding work as a domestic in the upscale neighborhood. Ortiz joins recently cast Dania Ramirez. Ortiz, repped by Gersh, manager Geordie Frey and attorney Brad Small, most recently appeared in Martin Lawrence’s Big Mamma: Like Father Like Son and did an arc on HBO’s Hung.
Ana Ortiz To Lead The Cast Of Marc Cherry's ABC Pilot 'Devious Maids'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Takes Top Dramatic Honors At Sundance; Is It The Next 'Whiplash'? - Winners List
ADG Awards: 'Birdman', 'Grand Budapest Hotel', & 'Guardians' Take Top Film Prizes - 'Game Of Thrones', 'True Detective Among TV Winners
More From Andreeva
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip With Host J.K. Simmons
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order