EXCLUSIVE: Ana Ortiz is back at ABC. The Ugly Betty alumna has been tapped to play the central character in the ABC pilot Devious Maids, from Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry. Based on the Mexican format, the soap follows four maids with ambition and dreams of their own while they work for the rich and famous in Beverly Hills. Leading the quartet is Marisol (Ortiz), a college-educated woman who has a secret agenda for finding work as a domestic in the upscale neighborhood. Ortiz joins recently cast Dania Ramirez. Ortiz, repped by Gersh, manager Geordie Frey and attorney Brad Small, most recently appeared in Martin Lawrence’s Big Mamma: Like Father Like Son and did an arc on HBO’s Hung.
Ana Ortiz To Lead The Cast Of Marc Cherry's ABC Pilot 'Devious Maids'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'NCIS: Los Angeles' Cuts Into 'Scorpion' In Los Angeles
- Cindy Chupack Sells Girlfriends Comedy To ABC
- Fred Goss Family Comedy Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- ABC Family Picks Up 'Stitchers' And 'Young & Hungry', Cancels 'Mystery Girls', Passes On 'Unstrung'
- Jenna Elfman Inks Development Deal With 20th TV To Topline New Series
- 'Once Upon A Time' & 'Family Guy' Soar; 'Resurrection', 'Revenge' & 'CSI' Down In Return – Ratings Rat Race