The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced today that Jeffrey Kurland will return for a third year as chair of the Governors Ball, the annual gala celebration that will follow the 84th Academy Awards on February 26. Wolfgang Puck will provide the food for the event’s 1500 guests. Kurland is a governor in the Academy’s Art Directors Branch. The Academy also said that Cheryl Cecchetto will return for a 23rd consecutive year as producer of the event, which will take place immediately after the ABC telecast in the Grand Ballroom on the top level of Hollywood & Highland. Cecchetto’s Sequoia Productions team also produces the Emmys’ Governors Ball.
Academy's Governors Ball Duties For Jeffrey Kurland & Cheryl Cecchetto
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Why Nobody Chased ‘Alice Through The Looking Glass’: Memorial Day Box Office Postmortem
- Universal Changes ‘Pitch Perfect 3’ Release Date Again; ‘Girl Trip’ Moves In
- Weinstein Company Blasts Open Road & ‘Little Prince’ Producers Over $35M ‘Playmobil…
- ‘Rogue One’: Re-Shoots But No Test Screening; Release Date Not Impacted
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?
- Cate Blanchett’s Broadway Debut With Chekhovian ‘The Present’ Sets House & Cast