The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced today that Jeffrey Kurland will return for a third year as chair of the Governors Ball, the annual gala celebration that will follow the 84th Academy Awards on February 26. Wolfgang Puck will provide the food for the event’s 1500 guests. Kurland is a governor in the Academy’s Art Directors Branch. The Academy also said that Cheryl Cecchetto will return for a 23rd consecutive year as producer of the event, which will take place immediately after the ABC telecast in the Grand Ballroom on the top level of Hollywood & Highland. Cecchetto’s Sequoia Productions team also produces the Emmys’ Governors Ball.
Academy's Governors Ball Duties For Jeffrey Kurland & Cheryl Cecchetto
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Miles Fisher Joins 'Man Seeking Woman'; Michael Liu In 'Sin City Saints'
- Ian Fraser, Emmy-Winning Music Director, Dead At 81
- OSCARS: 134 Pics Vie For Best Feature Documentary
- Chris Rock's 'Top Five' Gets Wide Release; 'Interstellar' Lifts Off 2 Days Early
- 'Today Show' Plugs 'Saturday Night Live' In Annual Halloween Costume Stunt