American director Abel Ferrara told France’s Le Monde newspaper that he will make a film about disgraced French politician and former IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn. Gérard Depardieu will play the principal role in the film that will revolve around Strauss-Kahn, who resigned after he was accused of sexually assaulting a hotel maid in New York. Isabelle Adjani will play his wife Anne Sinclair. Prior to Strauss-Kahn’s resignation, he had been a frontrunner in France’s Socialist Party to challenge incumbent Nicolas Sarkozy for the presidency. Wild Bunch’s Vincent Maraval told Le Monde: “It’s true that we’d like Abel to shoot in June, but he has 4 projects in mind and we haven’t yet made our decision.” Ferrara added, “Vincent doesn’t want to talk about this project, that’s normal, he’s the producer. But I’m the director! No one is going to stop me talking about my film.” The charges against Strauss-Kahn were eventually dropped, but the aftermath brought out other accusations of harassment in France and has likely fatally wounded any ambitions for national office.
Abel Ferrara and Gérard Depardieu Team For Dominique Strauss-Kahn Scandal Pic
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
Latest Film News
- Ryan Reynolds’ Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is ‘Clue’ With ‘Deadpool’ Scribes Reese…
- NEON Snags Rights To ‘Monsters And Men’ At Sundance
- 'Come Sunday' Director Joshua Marston On His Subject Having Faith In Him – Sundance Studio
- ‘The Rose’ Broadway Musical In The Works From The Jackal Group
- ‘White Fang’ Star Nick Offerman Enthuses Over Pic’s “Important” Environmental Message…
- Jack Henry Robbins Continues Exploration Of VHS Format With ‘Painting With Joan’ — Sundance Studio