EXCLUSIVE: Scottish platinum-selling singer and stage actor Darius Campbell has landed the male lead in ABC’s drama pilot Beauty And The Beast, a fantasy re-imagining of the classic Beauty and the Beast tale wherein an embattled princess, Grace, discovers an unlikely connection with a mysterious beast, Shiro (Campbell), a mercenary bodyguard. On the project, Campbell joins recently cast Chris Egan who plays Grace’s fiance Gorrick. (The Grace role is yet to be cast). Campbell, who is virtually unknown in the U.S., rose to fame in the U.K. as a finalist on Popstars and Pop Idol. He has starred in a number of West End musicals, including Chicago and Guys And Dolls. This marks the biggest TV acting gig for Campbell whose previous experience includes a guest spot on an U.K. drama series. He is repped by Mosaic, ICM and UK’s Conway van Gelder. Yves Simoneau is directing Beauty And The Beast from a script by Jon Steinberg for ABC Studios and Gary Fleder’s Mojo Films.
ABC's 'Beauty And The Beast' Casts Beast
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Silverman Calls Fellow Bernie Sanders Supporters "Ridiculous"; Al Franken Rips Donald Trump At DNC - Update
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Made Convention Chair
'Jason Bourne' Should Lead Box Office, But Not Ladies Looking For 'Bad Moms' & 'Nerve' - B.O. Preview
Latest TV News
- ‘Superior Donuts’: Judd Hirsch To Star In New Pilot For CBS Comedy In Recasting
- Comedian DC Young Fly Signs With ICM Partners
- ‘Project Greenlight’ Canceled By HBO
- Shonda Rhimes, Bryan Cranston & Dozens Of Other Celebrities Join Anti-Trump Campaign
- Elizabeth Banks Makes Donald Trump Entrance At DNC, Says He’s Stealing Her ‘Hunger Games’ Act
- Brit Morgan Joins ‘The Arrangement’ Drama Series On E!