ABC has given a late pilot order to a single-camera pilot starring actress/singer Mandy Moore, which will be directed by Shawn Levy. The project, written by Bob Fisher and Stacy Traub, centers on newlyweds Annie (Moore) and Ben who get the opportunity of a lifetime to run a hip, new restaurant in Annie’s hometown bringing her closer to her needy and high maintenance family. 20th Century Fox TV is producing with Shawn Levy and Marty Adelstein’s studio-based banner. In addition to directing, Levy is executive producing the project with Adelstein and Becky Clements. Moore’s manager John Leshay will serve as a producer. The untitled comedy, which landed at ABC in October with a put pilot commitment, was one of very few projects still in contention at ABC, which is wrapping up its pilot orders. For Levy, this marks the second single-camera comedy pilot he will direct this season, along with Fox’s Little Brother, also co-produced by his company with Adelstein.
ABC Picks Up Comedy Pilot Starring Mandy Moore & Directed By Shawn Levy
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex
- Comedy Writer Lindsey Shockley Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' & 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' Perk Up, 'SYTYCD' Slips