ABC has given a late pilot order to a single-camera pilot starring actress/singer Mandy Moore, which will be directed by Shawn Levy. The project, written by Bob Fisher and Stacy Traub, centers on newlyweds Annie (Moore) and Ben who get the opportunity of a lifetime to run a hip, new restaurant in Annie’s hometown bringing her closer to her needy and high maintenance family. 20th Century Fox TV is producing with Shawn Levy and Marty Adelstein’s studio-based banner. In addition to directing, Levy is executive producing the project with Adelstein and Becky Clements. Moore’s manager John Leshay will serve as a producer. The untitled comedy, which landed at ABC in October with a put pilot commitment, was one of very few projects still in contention at ABC, which is wrapping up its pilot orders. For Levy, this marks the second single-camera comedy pilot he will direct this season, along with Fox’s Little Brother, also co-produced by his company with Adelstein.
ABC Picks Up Comedy Pilot Starring Mandy Moore & Directed By Shawn Levy
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'
- Stephen Hill Upped To BET President Of Programming