ABC has given a late pilot order to a single-camera pilot starring actress/singer Mandy Moore, which will be directed by Shawn Levy. The project, written by Bob Fisher and Stacy Traub, centers on newlyweds Annie (Moore) and Ben who get the opportunity of a lifetime to run a hip, new restaurant in Annie’s hometown bringing her closer to her needy and high maintenance family. 20th Century Fox TV is producing with Shawn Levy and Marty Adelstein’s studio-based banner. In addition to directing, Levy is executive producing the project with Adelstein and Becky Clements. Moore’s manager John Leshay will serve as a producer. The untitled comedy, which landed at ABC in October with a put pilot commitment, was one of very few projects still in contention at ABC, which is wrapping up its pilot orders. For Levy, this marks the second single-camera comedy pilot he will direct this season, along with Fox’s Little Brother, also co-produced by his company with Adelstein.
ABC Picks Up Comedy Pilot Starring Mandy Moore & Directed By Shawn Levy
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'