ABC has given a late pilot order to a single-camera pilot starring actress/singer Mandy Moore, which will be directed by Shawn Levy. The project, written by Bob Fisher and Stacy Traub, centers on newlyweds Annie (Moore) and Ben who get the opportunity of a lifetime to run a hip, new restaurant in Annie’s hometown bringing her closer to her needy and high maintenance family. 20th Century Fox TV is producing with Shawn Levy and Marty Adelstein’s studio-based banner. In addition to directing, Levy is executive producing the project with Adelstein and Becky Clements. Moore’s manager John Leshay will serve as a producer. The untitled comedy, which landed at ABC in October with a put pilot commitment, was one of very few projects still in contention at ABC, which is wrapping up its pilot orders. For Levy, this marks the second single-camera comedy pilot he will direct this season, along with Fox’s Little Brother, also co-produced by his company with Adelstein.
ABC Picks Up Comedy Pilot Starring Mandy Moore & Directed By Shawn Levy
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate