EXCLUSIVE: ABC Family has given a back order of 8 additional episodes to freshman original series Jane By Design. The pickup brings the total first-season order for the show to 18 episodes. The new episodes will air in the summer alongside ABC Family’s recently announced new series, comedy Baby Daddy, drama Bunheads and reality series Beverly Hills Nannies. Jane by Design is a light-hearted drama starring Andie MacDowell and Erica Dasher about high-schooler Jane (Dasher) who finds herself, through a case of mistaken identity, working in the world of high fashion. April Blair created the series and is executive producing with Gavin Polone and John Ziffren. The pickup comes on the heels of ABC Family’s announcement yesterday that Jane by Design finished February as the No.1 series on Tuesday at 9 PM in female teens (391,000/3.3rating) and the and the No.1 scripted cable series in the hour in females 12-34. (781,000/1.7rating). The last episode of Jane By Design‘s original 10-episode order airs next Tuesday.
ABC Family's 'Jane By Design' Receives Back Order
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'