EXCLUSIVE: ABC Family has given a back order of 8 additional episodes to freshman original series Jane By Design. The pickup brings the total first-season order for the show to 18 episodes. The new episodes will air in the summer alongside ABC Family’s recently announced new series, comedy Baby Daddy, drama Bunheads and reality series Beverly Hills Nannies. Jane by Design is a light-hearted drama starring Andie MacDowell and Erica Dasher about high-schooler Jane (Dasher) who finds herself, through a case of mistaken identity, working in the world of high fashion. April Blair created the series and is executive producing with Gavin Polone and John Ziffren. The pickup comes on the heels of ABC Family’s announcement yesterday that Jane by Design finished February as the No.1 series on Tuesday at 9 PM in female teens (391,000/3.3rating) and the and the No.1 scripted cable series in the hour in females 12-34. (781,000/1.7rating). The last episode of Jane By Design‘s original 10-episode order airs next Tuesday.
ABC Family's 'Jane By Design' Receives Back Order
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex
- Comedy Writer Lindsey Shockley Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' & 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' Perk Up, 'SYTYCD' Slips
- CBS Buys Adaptation Of British Comedy 'Friday Night Dinner' As Put Pilot