Saturday Night Live co-star Abby Elliott is heading to primetime. I’ve learned that Elliott is poised to play the lead in Dana Fox’s Fox pilot Ben Fox Is My Manny. (That’s a lot of Fox-es in one sentence.) The single-camera comedy centers on an uptight single mother (Elliott) whose aimless brother moves in to help raise her daughter (Maggie Jones). The new gig won’t interfere with Elliott’s duties on SNL this season — I hear that she will film the pilot during the late-night show’s spring hiatus. If Ben Fox goes to series, Elliott will stay with it, leaving SNL. If not, she is expected to continue on the NBC late-night sketch comedy series, which she joined in 2008 as a featured player. This marks Elliott’s first major TV gig outside of SNL, where she is probably best known for her memorable impersonations including Angelina Jolie, Anna Faris, Rachel Maddow, Khloe Kardashian, Zooey Deschanel and Brittany Murphy. Elliott is the latest SNL star to migrate to primetime. She follows in the footsteps of her father, Chris Elliott, who parlayed a stint on SNL into a solid primetime sitcom career. (Abby’s grandfather, comedian Bob Elliott, also hosted SNL back in the day.) On the big screen, CAA-repped Elliott was recently seen in No Strings Attached.
Abby Elliott To Star In Fox Comedy Pilot, Might Leave 'Saturday Night Live'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Chicago P.D.'s Jason Beghe Investigated By NBC For "Inappropriate Behavior" Amid Sexual Harassment Claims
Latest TV News
- CBS On Carriage Dispute With Dish: “We Remain Far Apart On Terms”
- Nick Carter Accused Of Rape By Melissa Schuman; Says He’s “Shocked & Saddened” By Allegation
- Will Ferrell & Molly Shannon To Host Amazon’s Live Rose Parade Coverage – Sort Of
- Russell Simmons’ Accuser Tells Megyn Kelly ‘He Actually Apologized’
- ‘CBS This Morning’ Reports New Allegations Of Sexual Misconduct At CBS By Ex-Anchor Charlie Rose
- Stephen Colbert Addresses Donald Trump Endorsement Of “Creme-De-La Creep” Roy Moore