Saturday Night Live co-star Abby Elliott is heading to primetime. I’ve learned that Elliott is poised to play the lead in Dana Fox’s Fox pilot Ben Fox Is My Manny. (That’s a lot of Fox-es in one sentence.) The single-camera comedy centers on an uptight single mother (Elliott) whose aimless brother moves in to help raise her daughter (Maggie Jones). The new gig won’t interfere with Elliott’s duties on SNL this season — I hear that she will film the pilot during the late-night show’s spring hiatus. If Ben Fox goes to series, Elliott will stay with it, leaving SNL. If not, she is expected to continue on the NBC late-night sketch comedy series, which she joined in 2008 as a featured player. This marks Elliott’s first major TV gig outside of SNL, where she is probably best known for her memorable impersonations including Angelina Jolie, Anna Faris, Rachel Maddow, Khloe Kardashian, Zooey Deschanel and Brittany Murphy. Elliott is the latest SNL star to migrate to primetime. She follows in the footsteps of her father, Chris Elliott, who parlayed a stint on SNL into a solid primetime sitcom career. (Abby’s grandfather, comedian Bob Elliott, also hosted SNL back in the day.) On the big screen, CAA-repped Elliott was recently seen in No Strings Attached.
Abby Elliott To Star In Fox Comedy Pilot, Might Leave 'Saturday Night Live'
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
Latest TV News
- ‘Mr. Mercedes’ Director On Tackling Violent Themes– TCA
- Renowned ‘Buffy The Vampire Slayer’ Logo Designer Margo Chase Dies In Plane Crash
- Olivia de Havilland’s ‘Feud’ Suit Against Ryan Murphy & FX Could See Fall Trial
- ‘The Flash’: Tom Felton Won’t Return As Series Regular For Season 4
- ‘Chicago P.D.’: Tracy Spiridakos Upped To Series Regular; Jessica Camacho Joins ‘Taken’
- Fox Hit With $48M Lawsuit By Exec It Fired Over Sexual Assault Claim