Saturday Night Live co-star Abby Elliott is heading to primetime. I’ve learned that Elliott is poised to play the lead in Dana Fox’s Fox pilot Ben Fox Is My Manny. (That’s a lot of Fox-es in one sentence.) The single-camera comedy centers on an uptight single mother (Elliott) whose aimless brother moves in to help raise her daughter (Maggie Jones). The new gig won’t interfere with Elliott’s duties on SNL this season — I hear that she will film the pilot during the late-night show’s spring hiatus. If Ben Fox goes to series, Elliott will stay with it, leaving SNL. If not, she is expected to continue on the NBC late-night sketch comedy series, which she joined in 2008 as a featured player. This marks Elliott’s first major TV gig outside of SNL, where she is probably best known for her memorable impersonations including Angelina Jolie, Anna Faris, Rachel Maddow, Khloe Kardashian, Zooey Deschanel and Brittany Murphy. Elliott is the latest SNL star to migrate to primetime. She follows in the footsteps of her father, Chris Elliott, who parlayed a stint on SNL into a solid primetime sitcom career. (Abby’s grandfather, comedian Bob Elliott, also hosted SNL back in the day.) On the big screen, CAA-repped Elliott was recently seen in No Strings Attached.
Abby Elliott To Star In Fox Comedy Pilot, Might Leave 'Saturday Night Live'
What's Hot on Deadline
'It' Becoming Biggest Horror Pic Ever Beating 'The Exorcist'; 'Annabelle: Creation' Scares Up $100M+
'America's Got Talent' Finale Ratings Hit 6-Year High, 'MasterChef' Down From 2016, 'Big Brother' Up
Brian Kilmeade Whines Jimmy Kimmel "Attacked Me" After Being Called "Phony Little Creep" In Health Care Fracas
Latest TV News
- ‘Roseanne’: ‘Shameless’ Star Emma Kenney Set As Darlene And David’s Daughter
- SAG-AFTRA Sending Team To ‘Riverdale’ Set After K.J. Apa Crash
- Vice Video Staffers Unionize With WGA East & Motion Picture Editors Guild
- Warner Bros “Extremely Grateful” ‘Riverdale’ Star K.J. Apa OK After Car Crash – Update
- ‘SNL’: Gal Gadot, Kumail Nanjiani Join Ryan Gosling In Host Lineup
- ‘Young Sheldon’ Review: CBS Prequel Far From Pint-Sized ‘Big Bang Theory’