YouTube and Scott Free Productions are teaming to give aspiring filmmakers a chance to screen their work at the Venice Film Festival in August. One winner will receive a development deal with Scott Free via the new initiative with Emirates and the fest dubbed “Your Film Festival.” Content creators can submit a “15-minute, story-driven video of any format, tile and genre to youtube.com/yourfilmfestival. Audiences will select 10 finalists from a pre-selected group of 50 that will travel to Italy for the festival. A grand prize winner will be named by a special jury and awarded a $500,000 YouTube original production grant to work with Ridley and Tony Scott’s Scott Free.
YouTube, Scott Free & Venice Festival Team for Production Deal Contest
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah Fracas "Much Ado About Nothing," Millennials Get Him, Says Aasif Mandvi, Quoting 451-Year-Old Playwright
Latest Film News
- Exit Hugh Jackman, Enter Josephine Baker: Cush Jumbo’s Changing Times
- ‘American Sniper’ Helmer Clint Eastwood Finds Jewell Project; Can Fox And Warner Bros Work It Out?
- Antonio Banderas In ‘The 33′ Trailer: “I Believe We’ll Make It Out Of Here!”
- HBO Scientology Documentary ‘Going Clear’ Clocks 1.65M Viewers In Premiere
- Electric Entertainment Taps Craig Gates; Tyler Ross Books ‘Officer Downe’
- Relativity Picks Up Eric Bress’ Spec ‘American Drifter’