YouTube and Scott Free Productions are teaming to give aspiring filmmakers a chance to screen their work at the Venice Film Festival in August. One winner will receive a development deal with Scott Free via the new initiative with Emirates and the fest dubbed “Your Film Festival.” Content creators can submit a “15-minute, story-driven video of any format, tile and genre to youtube.com/yourfilmfestival. Audiences will select 10 finalists from a pre-selected group of 50 that will travel to Italy for the festival. A grand prize winner will be named by a special jury and awarded a $500,000 YouTube original production grant to work with Ridley and Tony Scott’s Scott Free.
YouTube, Scott Free & Venice Festival Team for Production Deal Contest
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest Film News
- ‘Firestarter’: Stephen King Classic Reignites With Universal, Blumhouse & Akiva Goldsman Directing
- Tribeca Film Festival Winners: ‘Keep The Change’, ‘Bobbi Jene’ Tops
- Broad Green Pictures Hires Four Execs In Marketing & Legal Departments
- ‘Little Prince’s Mark Osborne & Scribe Adam Kline Link With Fox Animation For Two New Projects
- ‘3 Generations’: Weinstein Co. & MPAA Agree On PG-13 Rating, With GLAAD’s Backing & Some Cuts
- Famke Janssen Joins Cast Of Michael Caton-Jones’ Movie ‘Asher’