Will Smith has been picked to host the 2012 Kids’ Choice Awards, which will air on Nickelodeon on March 31 at 8 PM ET/PT live from the Galen Center at USC. It’s the 25th edition of the event; last year, the show hosted by Jack Black drew 7.3 million viewers, ranking as that week’s top telecast all of TV in kids and tween demos. Smith, a two-time Oscar nominee, has Columbia’s Men In Black 3 opening May 25 and this year will produce One Thousand A.E. co-starring his son Jaden. “How better to celebrate 25 years of Kids’ Choice Awards than with the biggest movie star in the world?” said Marjorie Cohn, President, Original Programming and Development, Nickelodeon Group and an executive producer of the show. “Will has enough KCA Blimps at home to fill a room, having long been one of kids’ favorites. He’s a larger than life presence who knows how to play big, and we’re excited he’ll be taking the stage for the biggest, loudest, messiest spectacle in the show’s 25-year history.”
Will Smith To Host Kids' Choice Awards
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video