EXCLUSIVE: In an imminent shakeup in the ranks of The Weinstein Company, Donna Gigliotti is moving from president of production to produce movies full time. This wasn’t a big surprise as she gave notice last month. Negotiations are underway with Dylan Sellers to replace her. Sellers will supervise both productions and acquisitions, the latter of which put The Weinstein Company squarely in the Oscar race with The Artist. Sellers most recently was top production executive for Unique Features, the Warner Bros-based production shingle of former New Line chiefs Bob Shaye and Michael Lynne. I expect this to be formalized tomorrow and will have more details as they emerge.
Weinstein Company Setting Dylan Sellers To Run Production And Acquisitions As Donna Gigliotti Becomes Producer
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
TV Upfronts 2017 Schedule: Fewer Agency Parties Amid WGA Strike Fears; CBS Tackles Unexpected Vacancy
Latest Film News
- Universal’s ‘Half To Death’ & ‘The Snowman’ Swap Slots; ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Moves Off 2017 Schedule…
- Netflix Picks Up Alfre Woodard-Starring Drama ‘Juanita’
- Will Smith In Talks To Join Ang Lee For ‘Gemini Man’
- Madonna Criticizes Unauthorized Biopic ‘Blonde Ambition’
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2’: $100M Offshore Bow In The Mix? – International Box Office Preview
- Harvey Weinstein On ‘3 Generations’ Ratings Dilemma: Cut, Or Risk Losing Access To Teen Audience