NBC PR veteran Rebecca Marks, who has served as EVP, NBC Entertainment Publicity since 2004, has extended her contract and will remain with the company. She reports to Richard Licata, who joined last summer as EVP Communications, NBC Entertainment. Marks will continue to oversee day-to-day publicity efforts for NBC’s primetime, late-night and daytime programming, as well as the network’s photo and talent relations departments. The announcement ends speculation whether Marks would remain at NBC following the post-Comcast merger management overhaul, which saw Bob Greenblatt taking over the reins of the network and his PR strategist at Showtime Licata coming in as NBC’s new PR topper. “Very simply, the prospect of assembling a first-rate PR team who will shepherd NBC’s media profile and brand successfully into the future didn’t seem complete without the extraordinary expertise and energy of Rebecca,” Licata said. Marks began her career at NBC in 1984. Before moving into Media Relations, she held positions in a number of departments, including news, sales and corporate events.
Veteran PR Executive Rebecca Marks To Stay At NBC With New Contract
What's Hot on Deadline
Leonardo DiCaprio Remembers 'Gilbert Grape' Star Darlene Cates: "She Was The Best Acting Mom I Ever Had"
Latest TV News
- Mika Brzezinski To Seth Meyers: Donald Trump Presidency “Far Worse” Than She Expected
- '2017' Trailer: Louis C.K. Takes The Stage In Netflix Stand-Up Special
- Trevor Noah Announces ‘The Daily Show’s Donald J. Trump Presidential Twitter Library
- Maxine Waters Tells Bill O’Reilly To Buzz Off
- ‘New Girl’ Clip: And Schmidt’s First Name Is…
- CBS Comedy Pilot ‘Real Life’ Casts Male Lead Role With Ryan Hansen As Guest Star, Mulls Potential Premise Tweak