USA Network’s longest-running series on the air, dramedy Psych, is extending its run. It has been renewed for a 16-episode seventh season that will premiere later this year. In a first, the news was broken by the series’ stars James Roday and Dulé Hill in a video on Psych‘s Facebook page and Twitter feed, which was unlocked by solving a puzzle with clues revealed throughout the day. “We are always trying to find ways to reward our Psych brand ambassadors for their loyalty and passion and social media plays a critical role in how we connect with the people who matter most — the fans,” USA co-presidents Chris McCumber and Jeff Wachtel said. The recent 2011 portion of Psych‘s sixth season averaged 2.31 million viewers among adults 18-49 and 1.22 million adults 18-34 in Live+7, both series highs. The show returns with the conclusion of Season 6 on February 29. Psych is executive produced by creator Steve Franks, director Mel Damski, Bill Callahan, Kelly Kulchak and Chris Henze, from Universal Cable Prods in association with Tagline Pictures.
USA Renews 'Psych' For Seventh Season
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Tease 100th Episode & Characters’ Fates At Emotional Panel – PaleyFest
- CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives, Podcaster Jon Lovett Says…On CNN
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Cast And EPs Talk “Huge Twist” And Final Episodes – PaleyFest
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”