USA Network’s longest-running series on the air, dramedy Psych, is extending its run. It has been renewed for a 16-episode seventh season that will premiere later this year. In a first, the news was broken by the series’ stars James Roday and Dulé Hill in a video on Psych‘s Facebook page and Twitter feed, which was unlocked by solving a puzzle with clues revealed throughout the day. “We are always trying to find ways to reward our Psych brand ambassadors for their loyalty and passion and social media plays a critical role in how we connect with the people who matter most — the fans,” USA co-presidents Chris McCumber and Jeff Wachtel said. The recent 2011 portion of Psych‘s sixth season averaged 2.31 million viewers among adults 18-49 and 1.22 million adults 18-34 in Live+7, both series highs. The show returns with the conclusion of Season 6 on February 29. Psych is executive produced by creator Steve Franks, director Mel Damski, Bill Callahan, Kelly Kulchak and Chris Henze, from Universal Cable Prods in association with Tagline Pictures.
USA Renews 'Psych' For Seventh Season
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Good Place's Jameela Jamil Blames Porn And Music Videos For Consent Issues Following Aziz Ansari Allegations
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Aziz Ansari Allegations Open New Chapter in #MeToo Movement, Ansari Responds "I Took Her Words to Heart"
Arnold Schwarzenegger "Shocked" About Eliza Dushku's 'True Lies' Allegations, Calls Her "So Courageous"
'True Lies' Stuntman Joel Kramer Dropped By Talent Agency After Eliza Dushku Accused Him Of Sexual Assault
Latest TV News
- Fox Television Stations Renew ‘Page Six TV’ Through 2018-2019 Season
- ‘Nicky Jam: El Ganador’ Bio-Series To Premiere On Netflix
- HBO, ‘Real Housewives’ Among Winners At Reality Breakthrough Awards — NATPE
- HBO Documentary Films Acquires ‘The Price Of Everything’ Ahead Of Sundance Premiere
- Ricky Van Veen Says Facebook Watch Will Filter Out Spoilers From Your News Feed – NATPE
- Margaret Atwood & George R.R. Martin Booked For PBS’ Reading Competition – TCA