Universal Pictures has teamed with Blumhouse Productions, Platinum Dunes Productions and Why Not Productions on Vigilandia, a futuristic thriller written and directed by James DeMonaco. Ethan Hawke will star in the low-budget project, which starts shooting February 13. It’s the first project from the first-look deal Universal gave to Jason Blum to produce low-budget genre films. Blum, Michael Bay, Brad Fuller and Andrew Form will produce. Sebastien Lemercier is exec producer. DeMonaco scripted The Negotiator and Assault On Precinct 13, the latter of which starred Hawke.
Universal Sets Ethan Hawke For 'Vigilandia'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Larry Wilmore Savages Media, Ignites Controversy During White House Correspondents' Dinner Skewering
Latest Film News
- Anthony Mackie To Play Johnnie Cochran In Signal Hill Police Brutality Case Film
- Mongrel To Handle ‘The Fixer’; Seville Picks Up ‘Hana’s Suitcase’ – Cannes
- Wayne Crawford Dies; Actor, Writer & Producer Co-Scripted ‘Valley Girl’
- ‘Jungle Book’ King Again, Reigns On Newcomer Parade: ‘Keanu’, ‘Mother’s Day’ & ‘Ratchet & Clank’…
- Lionsgate Partners With Execs At Film Initiative Targeting Global Local Markets
- Harriet Tubman Feature Film In Works From Macro And New Balloon