I’ve confirmed that Amanda Seyfried is in final negotiations to play Cosette in Les Miserables, joining Hugh Jackman (Jean Valjean), Russell Crowe (Inspector Javert), Anne Hathaway (Fantine) and Eddie Redmayne (Marius) in the Tom Hooper-directed musical for Universal Pictures and Working Title Films. William Nicholson, Alain Boublil and Claude-Michel Schonberg wrote the script and Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner are producing with Cameron Mackintosh and Debra Hayward. The film will be released December 7, 2012. Innovative Artists-repped Seyfried’s last musical for Universal was Mamma Mia!
Universal Sets Amanda Seyfried For 'Les Miserables'
What's Hot on Deadline
Roman Polanski On Netflix Impact On Moviegoing: "I Don't Think It's A Basic Threat For Cinema" - Cannes
'This Is Us' Casting Director Discusses Reason Why New York Talents Are Being Discovered Later In Their Careers
Latest Film News
- Why ‘Pirates’ & ‘Baywatch’ Are Shipwrecked At The Domestic B.O. — Friday Night Update
- TWC Schedules ‘Paddington 2’ For Wide Release
- Paramount Nudges ‘Sherlock Gnomes’ To Later Release Date
- Which Festival Debuts In The South Of France Might Travel All The Way To Oscar? — Cannes
- Emma Booth Cast In Universal’s ‘Extinction’; Andy Buckley Horror Indie ‘All Light Will End’
- XYZ Films Spotlights Undiscovered International Talent — Deadline Disruptors