It’s a real dog-and-pony show in London this week as two award-season favorites trot out their animal stars in high-profile fashion for the UK press. The London premiere of Steven Spielberg’s War Horse on Sunday will welcome Joey the “Hero Horse” who’ll stroll the red carpet at the Odeon Leicester Square. (On a side note, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, aka William and Kate, will also be there.) More than 280 horses — many hailing from the UK — were used in the film, while the premiere-attending Joey currently resides in stables about an hour outside London. There, we’re told, he enjoys spending his days eating hay, being groomed and going out for a gallop. The other four-legged star who’ll mug for the cameras this week is biz veteran Uggie, from The Weinstein Co’s The Artist. The 9-year-old Jack Russell will make media appearances on the BBC and at a special Artist screening for Dogs Trust. I’m told he arrived today and handily made it through UK immigration before settling down at a central London hotel.
'The Artist' Dog Uggie & Joey The 'War Horse' Hit Awards Campaign Trail In London
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- 'Maze Runner' Adds $38M Internationally With No. 1s In 50 Countries; 'Apes' Crosses $100M In China
- 'Saint Laurent' Tapped As France's Entry Into Foreign Language Oscar Race
- 'Downton Abbey' Season 5 Premiere In UK Least Watched Since Series Opener
- Peter Kujawski Named Managing Director Of Universal Pictures Int'l Productions
- 'Mommy' To Rep Canada In Foreign-Lingo Oscar Race; Belgium Picks 'Two Days, One Night'