The blockbuster will be available on Blu-ray, DVD, and VOD on February 11th. But the Twilight Saga‘s fourth installment from Summit Entertainment is still breaking theatrical records. The studio announced that Breaking Dawn – Part 1 now has grossed an estimated $701.3 million in global box office receipts, with Japan and China still to come. Summit says it’ll be the highest-grossing film in the series to date, passing the $709.8M worldwide box office gross of New Moon. Part 1 released on November 18, 2011 amid the worst reviews of all the previous Twilight installments. But fans flocked anyway. Part 2 arrives in theaters on November 16th.
Twilight's 'Breaking Dawn 1' Breaks $700M
What's Hot on Deadline
Universal Wins 'The Grownup'; 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In High-Six-Figure Deal
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Deadpool’ Whipping Mr. Grey’s February Records With $41M+ Friday, Amazing $115M+ 4-day
- Paramount Dates A Trio Of ‘Transformers’ Sequels; Collides With ‘Wonder Woman’, ‘Godzilla 2…
- Samantha Bee Vs. The Guys On Late Night, Plus: The Coming Tony Awards Wars? – Gerard & Roth
- Michael Moore Sidelined As ‘Where To Invade Next’ Opens – Specialty Preview
- ‘Deadpool’ Very Much Alive In $12M Overseas Open; $80M Intl Weekend Ahead?
- Scott Rudin & Aaron Sorkin Will Bring ‘To Kill A Mockingbird’ To Broadway