The blockbuster will be available on Blu-ray, DVD, and VOD on February 11th. But the Twilight Saga‘s fourth installment from Summit Entertainment is still breaking theatrical records. The studio announced that Breaking Dawn – Part 1 now has grossed an estimated $701.3 million in global box office receipts, with Japan and China still to come. Summit says it’ll be the highest-grossing film in the series to date, passing the $709.8M worldwide box office gross of New Moon. Part 1 released on November 18, 2011 amid the worst reviews of all the previous Twilight installments. But fans flocked anyway. Part 2 arrives in theaters on November 16th.
Twilight's 'Breaking Dawn 1' Breaks $700M
What's Hot on Deadline
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Resident Evil’ Rocks China With Record $94.3M Debut – International Box Office
- Oscar Nominee 'My Life As a Zucchini' Opens Solid; Spirit Winner 'Moonlight' Over $22M – Specialty Box Office
- Universal/Blumhouse’s ‘Get Out’ Now Grabbing A $30M+ Opening: Sunday Postmortem
- ‘Resident Evil: The Final Chapter’ Grosses Massive $70M In Two Days, $33M First Day In China
- ‘Fifty Shades Darker’ Whips Past $300M At Worldwide Box Office
- Amy Adams’ ‘Arrival’ Flies Past $100M; 3rd Oscar Best Picture Nominee To Hit Mark