Madison Square Garden Media still hasn’t come to terms with Time Warner Cable over increased fees for MSG and MSG+ sports networks. MSG Media yanked the networks early New Year’s Day from TWC systems in New York City and the Buffalo vicinity. BTIG analyst Rich Greenfield noted in his blog today that the last time the two feuded over rate increases back in 2005 the battle lasted two months. Meanwhile, MSG has been holding viewing parties for TWC customers to watch Knicks, Rangers and Sabres games and directing them to alternative providers such as Verizon FiOS. Greenfield notes that Time Warner Cable is about to launch its own expensive sports network venture in Los Angeles after acquiring rights to the Lakers and Major League Soccer’s Galaxy in Southern California and co-investing in a Mets venture in New York. Additionally, TWC expects eventually to bid against Fox Sports Net for rights to Los Angeles Dodgers games. Fox Sports, which has rights to Dodger games through the 2013 season, is fighting a bankruptcy court battle with the Dodgers to prevent new bids from taking place before this fall.
Time Warner Cable Vs. MSG: Zero Progress
What's Hot on Deadline
James Franco & Maggie Gyllenhaal 1970s Porn HBO Series 'The Deuce': It's Not Misogyny, It's Business - TCA
Netflix 'Triple Frontier' Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal In Talks
Trevor Noah Discusses Donald Trump Transgender Troop Firing With Two Army Veterans On 'The Daily Show'
Latest TV News
- Canal Plus Books Appointment With Joann Sfar’s ‘Monsters’ Shrink’ Vampire Series
- June Foray Dies: Voice Of Rocky From ‘The Bullwinkle Show’ Was 99
- Trevor Noah Discusses Donald Trump Transgender Troop Firing With Two Army Veterans On ‘The Daily Show’
- Stephen Colbert Blasts Donald Trump For Firing Transgender Troops By Tweet
- Jimmy Fallon Invites Transgender Comedian To Ding Donald Trump’s Military Ban On ‘Tonight Show’
- HBO Boss On Jon Stewart’s Scrapped Animated Series & Possible Late-Night Return