The Lion King director Roger Allers has signed on to adapt and direct The Prophet, an animated film Salma Hayek’s Ventanarosa Productions will produce with Clark Peterson and Ron Senkowski. Pepe Tamez and Steve Hanson are executive producing. The feature is based on the classic book by Khalil Gibran, which has sold over 100 million copies. In addition to overseeing the the film creatively with other filmmakers who will direct individual chapters of the film, Allers will direct the opening, closing and framing story parts of the omnibus feature. Other filmmakers who are signed or in discussions on the project include Tomm Moore (The Secret Of Kells ), Sylvain Chomet (The Triplets Of Belleville), John Stevenson (Kung Fu Panda), Marjane Satrapi (Persepolis), Chris Landreth (Oscar-winning short Ryan), Nina Paley (Sita Sings The Blues), Bill Plympton (Guard Dog And Your Face) and Kunio Kato (Oscar-winning short Tsumiki No Ie). The Prophet will begin pre-production later this month. Hayek was recently nominated for a Spanish Goya for La Chispa De La Vida.
'The Lion King's Roger Allers Signs On For Salma Hayek's 'The Prophet'
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
'Split' Soars After Solid $2M Start; 'xXx' Gets $1.2M & 'Founder' $105K In Previews As 'Hidden Figures' Stays Strong - Friday Update
Paramount Gets China Infusion: $1 Billion, 3-Year Slate Co-Financing Deal With Shanghai Film Group & Huahua Media
Latest Film News
- Hollywood Reacts To Donald Trump Inauguration: No Joke, Tweets Alec Baldwin, “Country Is Lost”
- ‘Split’ Soars After Solid $2M Start; ‘xXx’ Gets $1.2M & ‘Founder’ $105K In Previews As ‘Hidden Figures’ Stays Strong…
- Chris Columbus’ 1492 Facing Counter Suit In Payments Dispute With Ocean Blue – Update
- ‘The Big Sick’: Deadline’s Sundance Series Panel Livestream
- Shia LaBeouf Kicks Off 4-Year Anti-Trump Live Stream At Museum Of The Moving Image
- ‘Killing Ground’ Sundance Clip: When Campfire Horror Stories Get Real