The Lion King director Roger Allers has signed on to adapt and direct The Prophet, an animated film Salma Hayek’s Ventanarosa Productions will produce with Clark Peterson and Ron Senkowski. Pepe Tamez and Steve Hanson are executive producing. The feature is based on the classic book by Khalil Gibran, which has sold over 100 million copies. In addition to overseeing the the film creatively with other filmmakers who will direct individual chapters of the film, Allers will direct the opening, closing and framing story parts of the omnibus feature. Other filmmakers who are signed or in discussions on the project include Tomm Moore (The Secret Of Kells ), Sylvain Chomet (The Triplets Of Belleville), John Stevenson (Kung Fu Panda), Marjane Satrapi (Persepolis), Chris Landreth (Oscar-winning short Ryan), Nina Paley (Sita Sings The Blues), Bill Plympton (Guard Dog And Your Face) and Kunio Kato (Oscar-winning short Tsumiki No Ie). The Prophet will begin pre-production later this month. Hayek was recently nominated for a Spanish Goya for La Chispa De La Vida.
'The Lion King's Roger Allers Signs On For Salma Hayek's 'The Prophet'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pawn Stars' Regular Austin 'Chumlee' Russell Will Plead Guilty To Drug Charge, Avoid Jail Time - Update
Latest Film News
- Watchdog Group Chides Laika For “White-Washing” ‘Kubo And The Two Strings’
- ‘Birth Of A Nation’: AFI Axes Planned Screening & Nate Parker Q&A
- Viacom’s Longtime PR Chief Carl Folta Exits
- AFI Faculty Calls For Dean’s Firing
- Alex Meneses Inks With Untitled; Verne Troyer Teams With Studio71
- DreamWorks Animation’s ‘Croods 2’ Gets Rewrite With Hageman Brothers