The Lion King director Roger Allers has signed on to adapt and direct The Prophet, an animated film Salma Hayek’s Ventanarosa Productions will produce with Clark Peterson and Ron Senkowski. Pepe Tamez and Steve Hanson are executive producing. The feature is based on the classic book by Khalil Gibran, which has sold over 100 million copies. In addition to overseeing the the film creatively with other filmmakers who will direct individual chapters of the film, Allers will direct the opening, closing and framing story parts of the omnibus feature. Other filmmakers who are signed or in discussions on the project include Tomm Moore (The Secret Of Kells ), Sylvain Chomet (The Triplets Of Belleville), John Stevenson (Kung Fu Panda), Marjane Satrapi (Persepolis), Chris Landreth (Oscar-winning short Ryan), Nina Paley (Sita Sings The Blues), Bill Plympton (Guard Dog And Your Face) and Kunio Kato (Oscar-winning short Tsumiki No Ie). The Prophet will begin pre-production later this month. Hayek was recently nominated for a Spanish Goya for La Chispa De La Vida.
'The Lion King's Roger Allers Signs On For Salma Hayek's 'The Prophet'
What's Hot on Deadline
Moviegoers Turn Out For The 'Apocalypse' Over Memorial Day & Chop Off 'Alice's Head - Monday AM Update
'Alice' Sees $65M In Offshore Looking Glass; 'Warcraft' Scores $31.6M; 'X-Men' Cumes $186M - Intl Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Mudbound’ Cast Set; XLrator-IndustryWorks Pact For Action Thrillers; Melissa McCarthy To Star In ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’…
- Michael Grandage Set To Helm Fox’s ‘Guys And Dolls’ Remake
- Annabella Sciorra & Aaron Poole Sign With Abrams Artists Agency; Pantheon Inks Donovan W. Carter, Eva Marcille
- Altitude Acquires Simon Dixon’s ‘Tiger Raid’ For UK And Ireland
- Roman Polanski May Face New Extradition Attempt As Poland’s Justice Minister Seeks Appeal
- Katie Couric Takes “Responsibility” For Misleading Anti-Gun Documentary Editing