BREAKING: After wrapping up a year that saw her turn in lauded performances in the films The Help, Tree of Life, Take Shelter and The Debt, Jessica Chastain is now turning her sights on Broadway. She will star in The Heiress, a revival of the Tony-winning play which will be directed by Moises Kaufman. The play is being mounted by Paula Wagner, Roy Furman and Stephanie P. McClelland for next fall. The play, written by Ruth Goetz & Augustus Goetz, was last performed on Broadway 17 years ago. Chastain is up for Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild awards for her 2011 work.
'The Help's Jessica Chastain To Star On Broadway In 'The Heiress'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest Film News
- ‘Firestarter’: Stephen King Classic Reignites With Universal, Blumhouse & Akiva Goldsman Directing
- Tribeca Film Festival Winners: ‘Keep The Change’, ‘Bobbi Jene’ Tops
- Broad Green Pictures Hires Four Execs In Marketing & Legal Departments
- ‘Little Prince’s Mark Osborne & Scribe Adam Kline Link With Fox Animation For Two New Projects
- ‘3 Generations’: Weinstein Co. & MPAA Agree On PG-13 Rating, With GLAAD’s Backing & Some Cuts
- Famke Janssen Joins Cast Of Michael Caton-Jones’ Movie ‘Asher’