BREAKING: After wrapping up a year that saw her turn in lauded performances in the films The Help, Tree of Life, Take Shelter and The Debt, Jessica Chastain is now turning her sights on Broadway. She will star in The Heiress, a revival of the Tony-winning play which will be directed by Moises Kaufman. The play is being mounted by Paula Wagner, Roy Furman and Stephanie P. McClelland for next fall. The play, written by Ruth Goetz & Augustus Goetz, was last performed on Broadway 17 years ago. Chastain is up for Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild awards for her 2011 work.
'The Help's Jessica Chastain To Star On Broadway In 'The Heiress'
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest Film News
- Cannes Winners Analysis: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn’t But Who’s Complaining About This World Cup…
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Cannes: Audiard’s ‘Dheepan’ Wins Palme D’Or At Emotional, Musical Ceremony – Update
- Mathematician John Nash, Subject Of ‘A Beautiful Mind’, Dies In Car Crash
- Bart & Fleming: Girl Power Pics, Cannes, Disney Self-Absorption, Suzanne Somers
- Memorial Day B.O. Runs Cold: ‘Tomorrowland’ Is No Flying Car With $40.7M Bow – Second Sunday Update