BREAKING: After wrapping up a year that saw her turn in lauded performances in the films The Help, Tree of Life, Take Shelter and The Debt, Jessica Chastain is now turning her sights on Broadway. She will star in The Heiress, a revival of the Tony-winning play which will be directed by Moises Kaufman. The play is being mounted by Paula Wagner, Roy Furman and Stephanie P. McClelland for next fall. The play, written by Ruth Goetz & Augustus Goetz, was last performed on Broadway 17 years ago. Chastain is up for Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild awards for her 2011 work.
'The Help's Jessica Chastain To Star On Broadway In 'The Heiress'
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Boyhood’, 'Grand Budapest', 'Lego Movie' Score Big At 65th ACE Eddie Awards -- Complete Winners List
Bryan Cranston & David Shore's ‘Sneaky Pete’ Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
More From Fleming Jr
- Sundance Pic ‘Digging For Fire’ Acquired By The Orchard & Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions – Update
- Steinbeck’s ‘In Dubious Battle’ Helmed By James Franco With Strong Cast – Berlin
- Peter Berg In Talks To Replace JC Chandor On ‘Deepwater Horizon’ – Update
- Crowd Funding Effort Aims To Restore Debut Of ‘Meek’s Cutoff’ Helmer Kelly Reichardt
- New Line Sets ‘How To Be Single’ Cast
- Woody Allen’s Latest Movie Gets A Title And Sony Classics Deal