The creative team behind horror hit The Devil Inside have lined up a new untitled project that will be financed vby Sierra/Affinity and the Incentive Filmed Entertainment Fund. The Untitled Bell/Peterman Project will be directed by William Brent Bell from a screenplay he and Matthew Peterman wrote. It will bring a similar filmmaking style to another classic horror mythology. The plot is being kept under wraps but the project will begin production in Romania in April. Steven Schneider (Paranormal Activity, Insidious), Peterman (The Devil Inside) and Morris Paulson (The Devil Inside) are producing. Bell, Peterman and Paulson will oversee the movie through their production company Pototype. Sierra/Affinity will pitch the project to buyers next month in Berlin during the European Film Market. Sierra/Affinity and Incentive are also behind the upcoming Parker starring Jason Statham and Jennifer Lopez and directed by Taylor Hackford from a screenplay by John J. McLaughlin. It’s based on the Parker novels by Donald E. Westlake. FilmDistrict is distributing in the U.S. Incentive also financed the Area 51 project written and directed by Oren Peli (Paranormal Activity).
'The Devil Inside' Duo William Brent Bell, Matthew Peterman Prep New Horror Project
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim Uprising' Takes No. 1 With $23M+; 'Black Panther' Best Marvel Title Ever At Domestic B.O., Beating 'Avengers'
Latest Film News
- ‘Hunter Killer,’ Starring Gerard Butler & Gary Oldman, Pegged For October Release
- Female Directors Scorecard: Sony’s ‘Barbie,’ ‘Charlie’s Angels’ And More
- Nate Parker’s Next Gig: ‘Black & Blue,’ Feature About LAPD Hero Ralph Waddy
- ‘Superfly’ Trailer: Director X Moves The Action To Atlanta
- Pablo Larrain’s ‘The True American’ Talks Are With Amazon, Not Annapurna
- One To Watch: Can Hero-Obsessed Hollywood Make Room For Aspiring Actor Spencer Stone, The Guy Who Dropped That Terrorist On…