CBS scored a ratings bonanza with the AFC wildcard game featuring the Tim Tebow-led Denver Broncos against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Tebow’s overtime heroics that stunned the Steelers and gave Broncos a 29-23 victory scored a 25.9/43 overnight household rating, up 38% from last year’s 18.8/37 for Baltimore-Kansas City. The Pittsburgh-Denver game, which peaked at a 31.6/46, was the highest-rated wildcard game in the metered markets on any network since 1988 (26.7; Seattle-Houston on NBC; 1/3/88).
Tebow Rules: Steelers-Broncos Is Highest-Rated Wildcard Game In 24 Years
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Selfie' & 'Manhattan Love Story' Start Soft, Edge Fox Comedies; 'New Orleans' Holds, 'Forever' Drops – Ratings Rat Race
- K.J. Steinberg Inks Overall Deal With Sony TV, Sells Female Cop Drama To CBS
- Kevin Falls Inks Overall Deal With 20th TV, Sells University Drama To Fox
- Bill Burr To Star In FX Comedy Pilot From 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' Team
- ABC Pilot 'Clementine' Stays Alive With New Cast Extension, Eyes Summer Run
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'