CBS scored a ratings bonanza with the AFC wildcard game featuring the Tim Tebow-led Denver Broncos against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Tebow’s overtime heroics that stunned the Steelers and gave Broncos a 29-23 victory scored a 25.9/43 overnight household rating, up 38% from last year’s 18.8/37 for Baltimore-Kansas City. The Pittsburgh-Denver game, which peaked at a 31.6/46, was the highest-rated wildcard game in the metered markets on any network since 1988 (26.7; Seattle-Houston on NBC; 1/3/88).
Tebow Rules: Steelers-Broncos Is Highest-Rated Wildcard Game In 24 Years
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'