CBS scored a ratings bonanza with the AFC wildcard game featuring the Tim Tebow-led Denver Broncos against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Tebow’s overtime heroics that stunned the Steelers and gave Broncos a 29-23 victory scored a 25.9/43 overnight household rating, up 38% from last year’s 18.8/37 for Baltimore-Kansas City. The Pittsburgh-Denver game, which peaked at a 31.6/46, was the highest-rated wildcard game in the metered markets on any network since 1988 (26.7; Seattle-Houston on NBC; 1/3/88).
Tebow Rules: Steelers-Broncos Is Highest-Rated Wildcard Game In 24 Years
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
China Makes Space For ‘The Martian’ As ‘Good Dinosaur’ Snatches Eggs From No. 1 ‘Mockingjay 2’ – Intl B.O. Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Latest TV News
- Kobe Bryant Says Current NBA Season Will Be His Last
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings
- Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ Season 2 Teaser: Hayley Atwell Kicks Butt In Hollywood
- Thanksgiving NFL Matchup Draws 27.8M Viewers, 2nd-Most Ever For NBC Primetime Regular-Season Game – Update