EXCLUSIVE: In its first pilot pickup in more than an year, Syfy has given the green light to Rewind, an action thriller from feature writer Justin Marks, BermanBraun and Universal Cable Prods. Rewind, which has received an order for a two-hour pilot, revolves around a team of military field operatives and civilian scientists who must use untested technology to travel back in time to alter past events in order to change the future and avoid a devastating terrorist attack. Marks wrote the script and will executive produce the pilot with veteran showrunner Tom Spezialy (Chaos), Gail Berman, Lloyd Braun and Gene Stein. This marks Syfy’s first original pilot order since the 2010 duo of Alphas and Three Inches, one of which, Alphas, went to series and has been renewed for a second season. Like Rewind, Alphas hails from BermanBraun and UCP. “We couldn’t be happier to be back in business with BermanBraun,” said Mark Stern, Syfy’s president of original content. “Justin Marks has created a time-travel series with an exciting innovative approach that really exemplifies Syfy’s commitment to bring compelling storytelling to life.” Production on Rewind is set to begin in April. The order for Rewind comes after an extensive script review process at Syfy, which explored different scenarios, including ordering projects as limited series in the vein of AMC’s pickup of The Walking Dead, before settling on a 2-hour order for early frontrunner Rewind. In addition to Alphas and Three Inches, Syfy’s only pilot pickup was the Battlestar offshoot Blood & Crome, which remains in contention. Marks is with CAA and Madhouse.
Syfy Greenlights 2-Hour 'Rewind' Action Thriller Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest TV News
- Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: “Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won’t Stand For Hate And Racism”
- ‘SNL’: Tina Fey Endorses Anti-Hate Cake; Jimmy Fallon, Seth Meyers Do Forefathers
- Barcelona Terrorist Attack: Police Thwart Second Plot After 13 Killed, 100+ Hurt In City – Update
- ‘For the People’ Creator Paul William Davies Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- ‘The Tick’ Review: Amazon’s First Superhero Series Works Best Weird
- ‘Shut Eye’ Casts Rowena King; Jeremy Bobb In ‘Escape At Dannemora’