EXCLUSIVE: In its first pilot pickup in more than an year, Syfy has given the green light to Rewind, an action thriller from feature writer Justin Marks, BermanBraun and Universal Cable Prods. Rewind, which has received an order for a two-hour pilot, revolves around a team of military field operatives and civilian scientists who must use untested technology to travel back in time to alter past events in order to change the future and avoid a devastating terrorist attack. Marks wrote the script and will executive produce the pilot with veteran showrunner Tom Spezialy (Chaos), Gail Berman, Lloyd Braun and Gene Stein. This marks Syfy’s first original pilot order since the 2010 duo of Alphas and Three Inches, one of which, Alphas, went to series and has been renewed for a second season. Like Rewind, Alphas hails from BermanBraun and UCP. “We couldn’t be happier to be back in business with BermanBraun,” said Mark Stern, Syfy’s president of original content. “Justin Marks has created a time-travel series with an exciting innovative approach that really exemplifies Syfy’s commitment to bring compelling storytelling to life.” Production on Rewind is set to begin in April. The order for Rewind comes after an extensive script review process at Syfy, which explored different scenarios, including ordering projects as limited series in the vein of AMC’s pickup of The Walking Dead, before settling on a 2-hour order for early frontrunner Rewind. In addition to Alphas and Three Inches, Syfy’s only pilot pickup was the Battlestar offshoot Blood & Crome, which remains in contention. Marks is with CAA and Madhouse.
Syfy Greenlights 2-Hour 'Rewind' Action Thriller Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Martian' Poised To Kick 'Gravity' Out Of Orbit For The October Opening Record; 'The Walk' +81% On Saturday - Late Night B.O.
Latest TV News
- Barkeep Hillary Clinton Sets ‘Em Up For Laughs On ‘Saturday Night Live’ Premiere
- Scooter Braun & Cyber Group Partner On ‘Rock Angels’ Animated Musical Series – Mipcom
- Abby Huntsman Joins Fox News As Reporter
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Adds Paddy Considine, International Intrigue & More As Season 3 Shoot Begins
- ‘Dr. Ken’ Ratings Debut Solid, ‘Blue Bloods’ Viewership Rises, ABC Wins Night In Demo
- Stephen Colbert Talks Oregon Shooting, McCarthy’s Benghazi “Little White Truth”