Sony Pictures Classics announced North American, Latin American and Eastern European rights to Celeste & Jesse Forever. The Lee Toland Krieger-directed comedy was co-written by Rashida Jones and Will McCormack, and is produced by Jennifer Todd, Suzanne Todd and Lee Nelson. The film, which debuted in the Premiere Section of the 2012 Sundance Film Festival, stars Jones, Andy Samberg, Chris Messina, Ari Graynor, McCormack, Emma Roberts, and Elijah Wood. The comedy is about two people who met in high school, married young and are growing apart. Now 30, they decide to get divorced and attempt to stay best friends while pursuing other relationships. This plan is not as simple as they had imagined. SPC’s Tom Bernard, Michael Barker and Dylan Leiner made the deal with UTA Independent Film Group. Said the producers: “We are thrilled our film has found a home with Sony Pictures Classics and are incredibly excited to work with Michael, Tom and Dylan. Their track record is unparalleled and we feel very lucky to have our film with them.”
Sony Classics Acquires 'Celeste & Jesse Forever': Sundance
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- WME Vet Cliff Roberts Exiting; Will He End Up At CAA?
- Josh Hartnett In Talks To Star In Indie ‘A Moment To Remember’
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogenous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As A…
- Tao Okamoto, Japanese Pop Star Kihiro, And Haruka Abe Cast In ‘She’s Just A Shadow’
- ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Rounds Out Final Cast
- ‘Arrow’s Colton Haynes Cast In ‘Rock That Body’