Sony Pictures Classics announced North American, Latin American and Eastern European rights to Celeste & Jesse Forever. The Lee Toland Krieger-directed comedy was co-written by Rashida Jones and Will McCormack, and is produced by Jennifer Todd, Suzanne Todd and Lee Nelson. The film, which debuted in the Premiere Section of the 2012 Sundance Film Festival, stars Jones, Andy Samberg, Chris Messina, Ari Graynor, McCormack, Emma Roberts, and Elijah Wood. The comedy is about two people who met in high school, married young and are growing apart. Now 30, they decide to get divorced and attempt to stay best friends while pursuing other relationships. This plan is not as simple as they had imagined. SPC’s Tom Bernard, Michael Barker and Dylan Leiner made the deal with UTA Independent Film Group. Said the producers: “We are thrilled our film has found a home with Sony Pictures Classics and are incredibly excited to work with Michael, Tom and Dylan. Their track record is unparalleled and we feel very lucky to have our film with them.”
Sony Classics Acquires 'Celeste & Jesse Forever': Sundance
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Holy Macau…Casino Short Film Lineup: Scorsese, De Niro, DiCaprio, Pitt
- Venice Spotlight: Ami Canaan Mann On 'Jackie & Ryan'
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'