Sony Pictures Classics announced North American, Latin American and Eastern European rights to Celeste & Jesse Forever. The Lee Toland Krieger-directed comedy was co-written by Rashida Jones and Will McCormack, and is produced by Jennifer Todd, Suzanne Todd and Lee Nelson. The film, which debuted in the Premiere Section of the 2012 Sundance Film Festival, stars Jones, Andy Samberg, Chris Messina, Ari Graynor, McCormack, Emma Roberts, and Elijah Wood. The comedy is about two people who met in high school, married young and are growing apart. Now 30, they decide to get divorced and attempt to stay best friends while pursuing other relationships. This plan is not as simple as they had imagined. SPC’s Tom Bernard, Michael Barker and Dylan Leiner made the deal with UTA Independent Film Group. Said the producers: “We are thrilled our film has found a home with Sony Pictures Classics and are incredibly excited to work with Michael, Tom and Dylan. Their track record is unparalleled and we feel very lucky to have our film with them.”
Sony Classics Acquires 'Celeste & Jesse Forever': Sundance
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Fleming Jr
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount