Sony Pictures Classics announced North American, Latin American and Eastern European rights to Celeste & Jesse Forever. The Lee Toland Krieger-directed comedy was co-written by Rashida Jones and Will McCormack, and is produced by Jennifer Todd, Suzanne Todd and Lee Nelson. The film, which debuted in the Premiere Section of the 2012 Sundance Film Festival, stars Jones, Andy Samberg, Chris Messina, Ari Graynor, McCormack, Emma Roberts, and Elijah Wood. The comedy is about two people who met in high school, married young and are growing apart. Now 30, they decide to get divorced and attempt to stay best friends while pursuing other relationships. This plan is not as simple as they had imagined. SPC’s Tom Bernard, Michael Barker and Dylan Leiner made the deal with UTA Independent Film Group. Said the producers: “We are thrilled our film has found a home with Sony Pictures Classics and are incredibly excited to work with Michael, Tom and Dylan. Their track record is unparalleled and we feel very lucky to have our film with them.”
Sony Classics Acquires 'Celeste & Jesse Forever': Sundance
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Shooting Toward $19M-$20M; 'Logan Lucky' Not So Fortunate With $7M-$8M - Midday Update
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
Barcelona Terrorist Investigation Grows As Police Thwart Second Attack; 14 Dead, 100+ Hurt In Broad Plot - Update
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest Film News
- ‘Hitman’s Bodyguard’ Shooting Toward $19M-$20M; ‘Logan Lucky’ Not So Fortunate With $7M-$8M…
- Another Presidential Council, This One Focused On The Arts, Quits On Donald Trump
- Will MoviePass Give Theaters A Jolt Of Innovation, Or Is It Doomed To Fail?
- ‘Super Troopers 2’ Gets Release Date; ‘Conundrum: Secrets Among Friends’ Sets Cast, Emerald Coast Lands ‘The Misfit Tribe…
- Hollywood Reacts Fast To Steve Bannon Axing: Rosie O’Donnell Suggests Place For Tiki Torch
- Foul Play Alleged In New York SAG-AFTRA Board Race