One of the hot topics of discussion at Sundance has been how viable VOD-centric releases can be in the Oscar race. While independents received 60 nominations this morning, perhaps none will help the VOD cause more than the original screenplay one J.C. Chandor received for Margin Call, the Roadside Attactions release whose VOD performance has spurred a lot of action here in Park City.
OSCARS: 'Margin Call' Nomination Bolsters VOD Fest Push
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
About 1 Million Watch Chelsea Handler Say So Long To E! As Gwen Stefani Nearly Fumbles Another TV Appearance: Video
More From Fleming Jr
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'
- Paradigm Signs Joe Johnston
- Sony Pictures Locks Tom Hanks, Ron Howard For April 'Inferno' Start
- Voltage Sets John Moore And William Wisher For Pierce Brosnan-Starrer 'I.T.'