A high point of Sundance’s annual party circuit — Cinetic’s Monday night bash at Zoom on Main Street — is apparently off. Insiders tell me that unless a last-minute sponsor comes forward, the party “likely” won’t be held. Sad, because it regularly brought out Sundance Film Festival heavy hitters while head John Sloss held impromptu meetings with distribution heads upstairs. It was a standing-room-only affair with crowds packing the sidewalk and waiting to get in. The end of an era…
SUNDANCE: Cinetic Annual Bash Gone?
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest Film News
- ‘The Conjuring’s Hayes Brothers Writing Duo Sign With CAA
- ‘Madea Halloween’ Gets $28.5M Treat, ‘Jack Reacher,’ $22.8M, ‘Ouija’ Grabs $14M, ‘Joneses’ Tanks…
- Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev ‘Mortal Engines’; Directing Debut For ‘Hobbit’ VFX Protege…
- Why Does Time Warner Want To Sell To AT&T, And What Will It Mean For Media?
- Margot Robbie Near Deal To Join ‘Peter Rabbit’
- Paramount Picks Up Spec ‘Northeast Kingdom’ For Platinum Dunes; Alex R. Johnson Attached To Direct