EXCLUSIVE: Let the bidding frenzy begin! A mostly sleepy January TV spec market is being shaken up today by Rebounding, a single-camera comedy from Joe Port, Joe Wiseman and Modern Family co-creator Steve Levitan. Port and Wiseman co-created and wrote the script, inspired by real events in Port’s life, with Levitan, who has been involved in the development of the project, on board to direct the potential pilot. All three are executive producing. Rebounding is described as an uplifting comedy about a man recovering from the death of his fiance with the help of the idiots on his pick-up basketball team. I hear the spec, from 20th Century Fox TV — where Levitan, Port and Wiseman are under overall deals — is being sent to all the networks today. It arrives fashionably late to the party as the nets are wrapping their pilot orders (with 13 half-hour pickups, NBC is believed to be done), but all networks undoubtedly have emergency reserves for a marquee offering with A-list auspices. UTA reps Levitan, executive producer on blockbuster ABC comedy Modern Family, and Port & Wiseman, who served as co-executive producers on Fox’s freshman hit New Girl earlier this season. The pair are now consulting producers on another 20th TV-produced freshman comedy, ABC’s Last Man Standing.
Steve Levitan, Joe Port And Joe Wiseman Take Out 'Rebounding' TV Comedy Spec
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox