EXCLUSIVE: Let the bidding frenzy begin! A mostly sleepy January TV spec market is being shaken up today by Rebounding, a single-camera comedy from Joe Port, Joe Wiseman and Modern Family co-creator Steve Levitan. Port and Wiseman co-created and wrote the script, inspired by real events in Port’s life, with Levitan, who has been involved in the development of the project, on board to direct the potential pilot. All three are executive producing. Rebounding is described as an uplifting comedy about a man recovering from the death of his fiance with the help of the idiots on his pick-up basketball team. I hear the spec, from 20th Century Fox TV — where Levitan, Port and Wiseman are under overall deals — is being sent to all the networks today. It arrives fashionably late to the party as the nets are wrapping their pilot orders (with 13 half-hour pickups, NBC is believed to be done), but all networks undoubtedly have emergency reserves for a marquee offering with A-list auspices. UTA reps Levitan, executive producer on blockbuster ABC comedy Modern Family, and Port & Wiseman, who served as co-executive producers on Fox’s freshman hit New Girl earlier this season. The pair are now consulting producers on another 20th TV-produced freshman comedy, ABC’s Last Man Standing.
Steve Levitan, Joe Port And Joe Wiseman Take Out 'Rebounding' TV Comedy Spec
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ Season Finale: Killer Revealed, New Puzzle Posed
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Exits In Tragic Plot Twist, Reflects On 4.5-Season Run & Its End
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?