EXCLUSIVE: Bill Myers, president and chief operating officer of Starz Entertainment and Starz Media, suddenly resigned today after a decade at the premium cable company. He was responsible for all day-to-day operations including affiliate sales, marketing, public relations, worldwide television distribution, engineering, and IT for Starz Entertainment and Starz Media, the two divisions of Starz, LLC. A holdover from the previous regime, for the past 2 years he reported to Starz, LLC President and CEO Chris Albrecht, who took over the company in 2010. “Bill has contributed greatly in driving Starz’s growth and success,” Albrecht said. “We are enormously grateful for his 10 years of service and wish him well in his future endeavors.” Myers joined Starz Entertainment in May 2002 and served as EVP and CFO of Starz Entertainment and was promoted to president and COO of the company in August 2006. He assumed the additional title at Starz Media in July 2008.
Starz Exec Bill Myers Exits Company
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate