EXCLUSIVE: Bill Myers, president and chief operating officer of Starz Entertainment and Starz Media, suddenly resigned today after a decade at the premium cable company. He was responsible for all day-to-day operations including affiliate sales, marketing, public relations, worldwide television distribution, engineering, and IT for Starz Entertainment and Starz Media, the two divisions of Starz, LLC. A holdover from the previous regime, for the past 2 years he reported to Starz, LLC President and CEO Chris Albrecht, who took over the company in 2010. “Bill has contributed greatly in driving Starz’s growth and success,” Albrecht said. “We are enormously grateful for his 10 years of service and wish him well in his future endeavors.” Myers joined Starz Entertainment in May 2002 and served as EVP and CFO of Starz Entertainment and was promoted to president and COO of the company in August 2006. He assumed the additional title at Starz Media in July 2008.
Starz Exec Bill Myers Exits Company
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox