EXCLUSIVE: Bill Myers, president and chief operating officer of Starz Entertainment and Starz Media, suddenly resigned today after a decade at the premium cable company. He was responsible for all day-to-day operations including affiliate sales, marketing, public relations, worldwide television distribution, engineering, and IT for Starz Entertainment and Starz Media, the two divisions of Starz, LLC. A holdover from the previous regime, for the past 2 years he reported to Starz, LLC President and CEO Chris Albrecht, who took over the company in 2010. “Bill has contributed greatly in driving Starz’s growth and success,” Albrecht said. “We are enormously grateful for his 10 years of service and wish him well in his future endeavors.” Myers joined Starz Entertainment in May 2002 and served as EVP and CFO of Starz Entertainment and was promoted to president and COO of the company in August 2006. He assumed the additional title at Starz Media in July 2008.
Starz Exec Bill Myers Exits Company
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Nosing Out 'Pitch Perfect' For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series