EXCLUSIVE: Bill Myers, president and chief operating officer of Starz Entertainment and Starz Media, suddenly resigned today after a decade at the premium cable company. He was responsible for all day-to-day operations including affiliate sales, marketing, public relations, worldwide television distribution, engineering, and IT for Starz Entertainment and Starz Media, the two divisions of Starz, LLC. A holdover from the previous regime, for the past 2 years he reported to Starz, LLC President and CEO Chris Albrecht, who took over the company in 2010. “Bill has contributed greatly in driving Starz’s growth and success,” Albrecht said. “We are enormously grateful for his 10 years of service and wish him well in his future endeavors.” Myers joined Starz Entertainment in May 2002 and served as EVP and CFO of Starz Entertainment and was promoted to president and COO of the company in August 2006. He assumed the additional title at Starz Media in July 2008.
Starz Exec Bill Myers Exits Company
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Revenant', 'Martian' & More In Global Milestones; 'Kung Fu Panda' Tops $100M In China - Intl Box Office Update
Latest TV News
- President Obama, Scott Kelly, Chewbacca Help Stephen Colbert Opens First Live ‘Late Show’ Post-Super Bowl
- Peter Farrelly Directs CBS All Access Super Bowl Promo
- Jazzed Coldplay, Bruno Mars & Beyonce Harmonize At Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show – Review
- ‘The Good Wife’ To End This Spring After Seven Seasons
- Barack Obama Wins Soft Bowl With CBS’ Gayle King In Super Bowl Interview
- ABC’s GOP Debate Wins Saturday, Draws 13.2 Million Viewers