Sony Pictures Television and Spanish-language giant Televisa have signed an exclusive first-look co-production deal for scripted, unscripted and telenovela formats. Under the pact, SPT will get a first-look at all of Televisa’s scripted and unscripted formats for potential co-production worldwide, excluding the U.S. and Latin America. In turn, Televisa will get a first look at SPT scripted formats for co-production opportunities in Spain. The two companies will co-produce any new program that comes out of the partnership. This is not the first time SPT and Televisa have been in business together. In 2008, Televisa gave SPT International a 13-episode order for scripted series Los Simuladores (The Pretenders).
Sony TV & Televisa Ink First-Look Deal For Series Outside Of U.S. And Latin America
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Nosing Out 'Pitch Perfect' For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series