Sony Pictures Television and Spanish-language giant Televisa have signed an exclusive first-look co-production deal for scripted, unscripted and telenovela formats. Under the pact, SPT will get a first-look at all of Televisa’s scripted and unscripted formats for potential co-production worldwide, excluding the U.S. and Latin America. In turn, Televisa will get a first look at SPT scripted formats for co-production opportunities in Spain. The two companies will co-produce any new program that comes out of the partnership. This is not the first time SPT and Televisa have been in business together. In 2008, Televisa gave SPT International a 13-episode order for scripted series Los Simuladores (The Pretenders).
Sony TV & Televisa Ink First-Look Deal For Series Outside Of U.S. And Latin America
What's Hot on Deadline
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'