BREAKING: Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions and Samuel Goldwyn bought the Sundance film Robot & Frank. I’m told they paid north of $2 million for North America, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Scandinavia and Eastern Europe. Goldwyn releases domestically and SPWAG releases abroad. Frank Langella, Susan Sarandon, James Marsden, Liv Tyler, Peter Saarsgard, Jeremy Sisto and Jeremy Strong star. Langella plays a retired thief in the near future who gets a robot, which enables him to woo a local librarian and get back to thieving. Jake Schreier directed and Christopher Ford wrote the script.
Sony Pictures WW Acquisitions And Samuel Goldwyn Pay $2+M For 'Robot & Frank'
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Donald Trump Unleashes Base On Jeff Sessions With Tweet Demanding DOJ Investigate Obama In Russia Probe
Ousted Weinstein Company COO David Glasser To File $85M Lawsuit Against Board Members, Alleging He Has Been Made A Scapegoat
Latest Film News
- Hollywood, Beltway Send Support & Awe To Florida Student Protesters: “You’ve Shaken Up The Nation”
- Lupita Nyong'o To Star In ‘Born A Crime’ Based On Trevor Noah’s Memoir
- Cinedigm Acquires Eric Stoltz-Helmed ‘Class Rank’ For May Release
- ‘Mudbound’ Cinematographer Rachel Morrison Makes Oscar History, Capturing Filmic Look Through Digital Processes
- How A Danny Boyle-Directed James Bond Film Could Happen: Think ‘Trainspotting’ Reunion
- Global Scam Ravaging Hollywood: Silver-Tongued Imposter Poses As Top Female Producers To Catfish Victims