BREAKING: Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions and Samuel Goldwyn bought the Sundance film Robot & Frank. I’m told they paid north of $2 million for North America, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Scandinavia and Eastern Europe. Goldwyn releases domestically and SPWAG releases abroad. Frank Langella, Susan Sarandon, James Marsden, Liv Tyler, Peter Saarsgard, Jeremy Sisto and Jeremy Strong star. Langella plays a retired thief in the near future who gets a robot, which enables him to woo a local librarian and get back to thieving. Jake Schreier directed and Christopher Ford wrote the script.
Sony Pictures WW Acquisitions And Samuel Goldwyn Pay $2+M For 'Robot & Frank'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest Film News
- ‘Dope’ Red Band Trailer: Still Lives Up To Its Name
- Director Cary Fukunaga No Longer With Stephen King’s ‘It’
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest