Sony Pictures executive Keith Weaver has been elected chairman of the board of the California Film Commission. Weaver is Sony’s EVP worldwide government affairs. He has served on the commission board since 2008. Commission executive director Amy Lemisch said of Weaver in a statement, “He’s as much at home in Sacramento as he is in Hollywood, and he knows how to get things done.” Other changes to the board include new vice chair Steve Dayan, business agent of the Teamsters’ Studio Transportation Drivers Local 399, and secretary Hilary Rice Armstrong, a documentary producer.
Sony EVP Keith Weaver New Calif. Film Board Chairman
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Feels "Blessed" By Donald Trump's Pick Of Potty-Mouth Scaramucci As Communications Chief
'Devil's Bargain': Blumhouse TV Acquires Book About Steve Bannon & Donald Trump For Limited Series Adaptation
Samuel L. Jackson To Star In 'Old Man' Drama Series From Jon Steinberg, Warren Littlefield & Fox 21 TV Studios
Latest Film News
- Marty Sklar Dies: Longtime Imagineer, Theme Park Designer & Walt Disney’s “Right-Hand Man” Was 83
- Peter Bart: Police Sadism In ‘Detroit’ May Stir Audiences, But Will It Also Provoke Them?
- ‘LBJ’ Trailer: Woody Harrelson As 36th President In Rob Reiner’s Next Film
- Fox & 21 Laps Land John Kamps Novel ‘The Prince’s Guard’
- Pablo Schreiber Joins Dwayne Johnson In ‘Skyscraper’
- ‘Brigsby Bear’s 3311 Productions Sets Two Movies