Sony Pictures executive Keith Weaver has been elected chairman of the board of the California Film Commission. Weaver is Sony’s EVP worldwide government affairs. He has served on the commission board since 2008. Commission executive director Amy Lemisch said of Weaver in a statement, “He’s as much at home in Sacramento as he is in Hollywood, and he knows how to get things done.” Other changes to the board include new vice chair Steve Dayan, business agent of the Teamsters’ Studio Transportation Drivers Local 399, and secretary Hilary Rice Armstrong, a documentary producer.
Sony EVP Keith Weaver New Calif. Film Board Chairman
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Team
- 'Exodus: Gods And Kings' Trailer: Christian Bale & Ridley Scott Take On 'Ten Commandments'
- Jon Stewart “Spoils” 'Gone Girl', 'Batman vs Superman' During Ben Affleck Visit: VIDEO
- GLAAD TV Report: ABC Family, HBO, MTV “Excellent”; A&E, History, TNT Fail
- PBS And CBS Dominate News & Documentary Emmys
- Greg Ellis Signs With Gersh; Pantheon Signs J.C. Chasez, Chris Payne Gilbert
- 'Twilight' Short-Film Competition For Women Is Backed By Stephenie Meyer & Lionsgate