Sony Pictures executive Keith Weaver has been elected chairman of the board of the California Film Commission. Weaver is Sony’s EVP worldwide government affairs. He has served on the commission board since 2008. Commission executive director Amy Lemisch said of Weaver in a statement, “He’s as much at home in Sacramento as he is in Hollywood, and he knows how to get things done.” Other changes to the board include new vice chair Steve Dayan, business agent of the Teamsters’ Studio Transportation Drivers Local 399, and secretary Hilary Rice Armstrong, a documentary producer.
Sony EVP Keith Weaver New Calif. Film Board Chairman
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office: 'If I Stay' Best Of Lifeless Bunch As 'Sin City 2' Tanks, 'Game' Tries To Find Footing And 'Guardians' No. 1
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company