Sony Pictures executive Keith Weaver has been elected chairman of the board of the California Film Commission. Weaver is Sony’s EVP worldwide government affairs. He has served on the commission board since 2008. Commission executive director Amy Lemisch said of Weaver in a statement, “He’s as much at home in Sacramento as he is in Hollywood, and he knows how to get things done.” Other changes to the board include new vice chair Steve Dayan, business agent of the Teamsters’ Studio Transportation Drivers Local 399, and secretary Hilary Rice Armstrong, a documentary producer.
Sony EVP Keith Weaver New Calif. Film Board Chairman
What's Hot on Deadline
Newcomer Katherine Langford On ‘13 Reasons Why’: "It Was The Best First Show I Could Have Ever Done"
Latest Film News
- ‘Transformers’ Around $65M In Five-Day Domestic Opening, Lowest In Series – Friday Night Update
- Mad Max In Barstow? Man Channeling The Action Character Arrested For Illegal Weapons
- Bradley Cooper Films ‘A Star Is Born’ Scene At Glastonbury; Johnny Depp Makes Encore Appearance
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China – International Box Office
- ‘The Beguiled’ Review: Sofia Coppola’s Female-Driven Civil War Story Ratchets Up The Sexual Tension