Sony Pictures executive Keith Weaver has been elected chairman of the board of the California Film Commission. Weaver is Sony’s EVP worldwide government affairs. He has served on the commission board since 2008. Commission executive director Amy Lemisch said of Weaver in a statement, “He’s as much at home in Sacramento as he is in Hollywood, and he knows how to get things done.” Other changes to the board include new vice chair Steve Dayan, business agent of the Teamsters’ Studio Transportation Drivers Local 399, and secretary Hilary Rice Armstrong, a documentary producer.
Sony EVP Keith Weaver New Calif. Film Board Chairman
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Global Scam Ravaging Hollywood: Silver-Tongued Imposter Poses As Top Female Producers To Catfish Victims
Donald Trump Unleashes Base On Jeff Sessions With Tweet Demanding DOJ Investigate Obama In Russia Probe
Latest Film News
- ‘Annihilation’ Review: Natalie Portman Ramps Up The Action In Alex Garland’s Smart, Scary Journey Into…
- Safety Panel Urges New Culture To Speak Out; Joyce Gilliard Reveals Horrifying Details Of ‘Midnight…
- China’s Wild New Year: ‘Detective Chinatown 2’ Crosses $300M, Eclipses ‘Monster Hunt 2’; ‘Operation Red…
- Million Dollar Screenplay Competition For College Students Launching In March
- Hollywood, Beltway Send Support & Awe To Florida Student Protesters: “You’ve Shaken Up The Nation”
- Lupita Nyong'o To Star In ‘Born A Crime’ Based On Trevor Noah’s Memoir