EXCLUSIVE: Shirley MacLaine is in negotiations to play the mother of Ben Stiller’s lead character in Fox’s The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty. Stiller also is directing the pic, on which he came aboard after sparking to a new script on the long-in-the-works project from Steve Conrad. Mitty is based on the 1947 Danny Kaye film from the James Thurber short story first published in The New Yorker in 1939, and the story of a perpetual daydreamer had been in development so long that it seemed like it might never be more than a daydream. But now it’s rolling and MacLaine is the first big casting aside from Stiller. Production is set to start in April.
Shirley MacLaine In Talks For Fox's 'Walter Mitty'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
'Jane the Virgin' Finale': Series Creator On That Shocking Twist, 'Dallas'-Inspired Cliffhanger, Season 5 & Show's Endgame
Nyle DiMarco Went From 'America's Next Top Model' To Broadway Producer: How 'Children Of A Lesser God' Paved The Way
Latest Film News
- Bill Maher Asks Michael Avenatti If He Will Run For Office
- Roberta Flack Falls Ill At Apollo Theater, Rushed To Hospital
- The Weinstein Co. Names Executive With Experience In Restructuring To Board Of Directors
- Universal Answers Call To Make A ‘Tommyknockers’ Movie, Wins Bidding For Stephen King Novel
- UTA Promotes Eight To Agent Status
- TriStar To Distribute ‘Happiest Season’ Comedy From Clea DuVall & Mary Holland