EXCLUSIVE: Shirley MacLaine is in negotiations to play the mother of Ben Stiller’s lead character in Fox’s The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty. Stiller also is directing the pic, on which he came aboard after sparking to a new script on the long-in-the-works project from Steve Conrad. Mitty is based on the 1947 Danny Kaye film from the James Thurber short story first published in The New Yorker in 1939, and the story of a perpetual daydreamer had been in development so long that it seemed like it might never be more than a daydream. But now it’s rolling and MacLaine is the first big casting aside from Stiller. Production is set to start in April.
Shirley MacLaine In Talks For Fox's 'Walter Mitty'
What's Hot on Deadline
Popular Japanese Title 'Attack On Titan' Eyed By Warner Bros. For 'Fantastic Beasts' Producer David Heyman
'Split' And 'xXx' Merge Into Market While 'The Founder' May Get Lost In Heavy Traffic - Box Office Preview
'Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee' Moves To Netflix As Part Of Big Jerry Seinfeld Deal That Includes Specials & Series
Latest Film News
- ‘Cries From Syria’ Sundance Clip: A Children’s Story That’s Hard To Watch
- Gkids Elevates David Jesteadt To President
- Amazon Video Direct Launches Film Festival Stars Program At Sundance
- ‘The Discovery’ Teaser Trailer: Robert Redford Discovers The Afterlife In Sundance Sci-Fi Pic
- Gravitas Ventures Taking ‘Folk Hero & Funny Guy’ On Theater/VOD Tour
- Mark Hamill, Christopher Plummer Lead Voice Cast Of ‘Lovecraft’ Feature