ATO Pictures has acquired all North American rights to director James Marsh’s Shadow Dancer. It stars Andrea Riseborough (Wallis Simpson in W.E.) and Clive Owen. Screenplay was written by Tom Bradby and is based on his novel. Riseborough plays a woman who’s forced to betray her beliefs and spy on members of her family to protect her son in 1993 Northern Ireland. Gillian Anderson, Aidan Gillen and Domhnall Gleeson co star. Shadow Dancer is Marsh’s third film to bow at Sundance. He also directed the documentaries Project Nim and Man On Wire. Produced by Chris Coen of Unanimous Entertainment, Shadow Dancer is also screening at the Berlin Film Festival. Exec producers are Joe Oppenheimer, Brahim Chioua, Norman Merry, Vincent Maraval, Tom Bradby and Rita Dagher. ATO head of acquisitions Sarah Lash negotiated the deal with CAA who represented the producers.
ATO Pictures Buys James Marsh's 'Shadow Dancer': Sundance
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $22M During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations
- Female Animators Pen Open Letter Demanding End To Sexual Harassment
- ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Review: Third Time Is The Comic (Book) Charm For Marvel Franchise
- Oscars: Deadline’s Pete Hammond & Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil On Ever-Changing Awards Landscape With Harvey Out And…