EXCLUSIVE: Selena Gomez and her production company July Moon has optioned the Jandy Nelson novel The Sky Is Everywhere. Gomez will develop the book as a star vehicle for the screen. She will play 17-year old Lennie Walker, a bookworm and band geek who plays clarinet and lives in the shadow of her extroverted older sister, Bailey. When Bailey dies suddenly, her younger sibling is left to take center stage and balance not one boy but two. One is his sister’s grieving boyfriend, the other a musically inclined transplant from Paris. Her whole world threatens to collapse all over again as she tries to juggle both guys.
Selena Gomez Options 'Sky Is Everywhere' For Feature
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- RADiUS To Release SXSW Winner 'The Great Invisible'
- Toronto Finds Bill Murray And Gives Him A Day
- A 'Sophie's Choice': 'Jaws' Or 'Goodfellas'?
- Paul Schrader's 'Dying Of The Light' Acquired By Lionsgate Home Entertainment
- Warner Bros Pre-empts 'Mack Bolan'; Bradley Cooper, Todd Phillips Aboard
- Bart & Fleming: On Robin Williams And Empathetic Star Send-Offs