EXCLUSIVE: Selena Gomez and her production company July Moon has optioned the Jandy Nelson novel The Sky Is Everywhere. Gomez will develop the book as a star vehicle for the screen. She will play 17-year old Lennie Walker, a bookworm and band geek who plays clarinet and lives in the shadow of her extroverted older sister, Bailey. When Bailey dies suddenly, her younger sibling is left to take center stage and balance not one boy but two. One is his sister’s grieving boyfriend, the other a musically inclined transplant from Paris. Her whole world threatens to collapse all over again as she tries to juggle both guys.
Selena Gomez Options 'Sky Is Everywhere' For Feature
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This. America's On A Roll!"
Latest Film News
- Steve Guttenberg “Moved” By Bill Clinton’s ‘Police Academy’ Love
- ‘Command And Control’ Trailer: Inside One Of The Cold War’s Tensest Moments – TCA
- ‘Suicide Squad’ Adds Ezra Miller’s The Flash To Mix
- Chris Evans Circling Lead Role In Lionsgate’s ‘Jekyll’
- Eddie Murphy’s ‘Mr. Church’ Gets Fall Release Date
- Paul Greengrass On Setting Up Jason Bourne For More Sequels, Jimi Hendrix