ABC has greenlighted to pilot drama Scruples, produced by former Imagine TV CEO-turned-feature director Tony Krantz and actress Natalie Portman. It is based on the 1978 bestselling book by Krantz’s mother, Beverly Hills novelist Judith Krantz, who also penned a sequel in 1992, and centers on a rich and powerful clothing designer in a world of sex, revenge and scandal. Bob Brush and Mel Harris wrote the adaptation and executive produce with Portman, her producing partner Annette Savitch and Krantz. Krantz’s Flame Ventures is producing with Warner Bros. TV, which has the rights to the property via the 1980 Scruples miniseries starring Lindsay Wagner, which it produced. The pilot order caps Krantz’s successful return to TV producing this season while he also continues to be active as feature director. Scruples marks the first foray into television for Portman, who won an Oscar last year for Black Swan.
'Scruples' Adaptation From Tony Krantz & Natalie Portman Ordered To Pilot At ABC
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ Season Finale: Killer Revealed, New Puzzle Posed
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Connie Britton Exits In Plot Twist, Reflects On Her 4.5 Seasons
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?