ABC has greenlighted to pilot drama Scruples, produced by former Imagine TV CEO-turned-feature director Tony Krantz and actress Natalie Portman. It is based on the 1978 bestselling book by Krantz’s mother, Beverly Hills novelist Judith Krantz, who also penned a sequel in 1992, and centers on a rich and powerful clothing designer in a world of sex, revenge and scandal. Bob Brush and Mel Harris wrote the adaptation and executive produce with Portman, her producing partner Annette Savitch and Krantz. Krantz’s Flame Ventures is producing with Warner Bros. TV, which has the rights to the property via the 1980 Scruples miniseries starring Lindsay Wagner, which it produced. The pilot order caps Krantz’s successful return to TV producing this season while he also continues to be active as feature director. Scruples marks the first foray into television for Portman, who won an Oscar last year for Black Swan.
'Scruples' Adaptation From Tony Krantz & Natalie Portman Ordered To Pilot At ABC
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate