ABC has greenlighted to pilot drama Scruples, produced by former Imagine TV CEO-turned-feature director Tony Krantz and actress Natalie Portman. It is based on the 1978 bestselling book by Krantz’s mother, Beverly Hills novelist Judith Krantz, who also penned a sequel in 1992, and centers on a rich and powerful clothing designer in a world of sex, revenge and scandal. Bob Brush and Mel Harris wrote the adaptation and executive produce with Portman, her producing partner Annette Savitch and Krantz. Krantz’s Flame Ventures is producing with Warner Bros. TV, which has the rights to the property via the 1980 Scruples miniseries starring Lindsay Wagner, which it produced. The pilot order caps Krantz’s successful return to TV producing this season while he also continues to be active as feature director. Scruples marks the first foray into television for Portman, who won an Oscar last year for Black Swan.
'Scruples' Adaptation From Tony Krantz & Natalie Portman Ordered To Pilot At ABC
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- ADG Awards: Art Directors To Induct Ken Adam & Tyrus Wong Into Hall Of Fame
- Fox Buys 2 Projects From Lee Daniels: Gospel Choir Drama As Put Pilot & Multi-Racial Soap With Penalty
- James Corden Regrets His Kiss With Sean Spicer; Promises It Was A “One-Time Thing”
- ‘For The People’: Production Temporarily Shut Down On ABC Shondaland Series
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Unveils Season 8 Key Art & It’s “All Out War”
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ To Continue Airing Live Coast To Coast