The Santa Barbara International Film Festival this morning announced its full lineup of movies including 16 world premieres and 37 U.S. debuts for the 27th annual event. The fest runs January 26 through February 5. The centerpiece gala movie will be the U.S. premiere of the documentary Samsara directed by Ron Fricke (Baraka, Chronos). Closing night feature is director Nadine Labaki’s comedy Where Do We Go Now? about a group of Lebanese women who go to extraordinary lengths to keep peace between Christians and Muslims in their village. The previously announced opening-night feature is Lawrence Kasdan’s Darling Companion. Virtuosos Awards will be presented to Demián Bichir (A Better Life), Rooney Mara (The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo), Melissa McCarthy (Bridesmaids), Patton Oswalt (Young Adult), Andy Serkis (Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes) and Shailene Woodley (The Descendants). In addition, the festival will pay special tribute to Viola Davis along with previously announced honorees Christopher Plummer and Martin Scorsese.
Santa Barbara Festival Reveals Full Lineup
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- The First ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Trailer Hits Like A Punch To The Head
- Kevin Costner To Narrate MMA Doc ‘Hurt Business’; Kickboxer Remake Sequel A Go
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘99 Homes’ Director Ramin Bahrani On Shannon, Garfield & “Web Of Corruption”…
- Bridge Independent & Ketchup Ink Digital Deal
- ‘The Danish Girl’s Tom Hooper On “Moving” Transgender Response To The Film…
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?