The Screen Actors Guild tells me this morning that its National Board Of Directors will include a so-called ‘Opposition Statement’ when the proposed SAG-AFTRA merger’s referendum package is sent to members. The rules didn’t force the guild leaders to do so because the board’s ‘no’ votes were less than 25%. But it was the right thing to do and SAG is smart to play it safe and let merger opponents state their case to the membership at large. Because more information, not less, is definitely the way to go on an issue this momentous to actors, background actors, and stunt performers. Hopefully, for the same reason, AFTRA’s Board will allow an Opposition Statement after it votes on the merger today.
SAG Will Include Anti-Merger Statement With Voting Materials Sent To Members
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Global Scam Ravaging Hollywood: Silver-Tongued Imposter Poses As Top Female Producers To Catfish Victims
Donald Trump Unleashes Base On Jeff Sessions With Tweet Demanding DOJ Investigate Obama In Russia Probe
Latest Film News
- ‘Annihilation’ Review: Natalie Portman Ramps Up The Action In Alex Garland’s Smart, Scary Journey Into…
- Safety Panel Urges New Culture To Speak Out; Joyce Gilliard Reveals Horrifying Details Of ‘Midnight…
- China’s Wild New Year: ‘Detective Chinatown 2’ Crosses $300M, Eclipses ‘Monster Hunt 2’; ‘Operation Red…
- Million Dollar Screenplay Competition For College Students Launching In March
- Hollywood, Beltway Send Support & Awe To Florida Student Protesters: “You’ve Shaken Up The Nation”
- Lupita Nyong'o To Star In ‘Born A Crime’ Based On Trevor Noah’s Memoir