The Screen Actors Guild tells me this morning that its National Board Of Directors will include a so-called ‘Opposition Statement’ when the proposed SAG-AFTRA merger’s referendum package is sent to members. The rules didn’t force the guild leaders to do so because the board’s ‘no’ votes were less than 25%. But it was the right thing to do and SAG is smart to play it safe and let merger opponents state their case to the membership at large. Because more information, not less, is definitely the way to go on an issue this momentous to actors, background actors, and stunt performers. Hopefully, for the same reason, AFTRA’s Board will allow an Opposition Statement after it votes on the merger today.
SAG Will Include Anti-Merger Statement With Voting Materials Sent To Members
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Latest Film News
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest
- Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn’t – But Who’s Complaining After Cinema’s…
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85