EXCLUSIVE: I’ve learned that Rhona Mitra is finalizing a deal to land the new female lead on Cinemax’s Strike Back in the action drama’s upcoming 10-episode second season. She will play the beautiful, cunning and ultimately ruthless Capt. Rachel Dalton of the British military who is offered the position of head of Section 20 after a long stint working in North Africa. Mitra’s character is expected to fill the void left by the demise of Amanda Mealing’s Col. Eleanor Grant in the first season finale of Strike Back. The series, whose second season is slated to begin filming soon in South Africa, is produced by Cinemax/HBO, Left Bank and Sky, which airs the series in the U.K. Strike Back stars Sullivan Stapleton and Philip Winchester. Season 1 told the story of a charismatic former U.S. Special Forces operative (Stapleton) who joins with a stealth British military unit when a resourceful international terrorist group plots a major attack. British-born Mitra, whose series credits include The Practice, Boston Legal and Nip/Tuck, is repped by Gersh, Untitled and UK’s Ken McReddie.
Rhona Mitra To Join Cinemax Action Drama 'Strike Back' As Female Lead In Season 2
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- Dan Jinks Sells Three Projects To CBS, Including Comedy Starring Lucas Hazlett
- TV News And Clinton Campaign Thrown Into Tizzy As FBI Looks At Emails Again
- Liz Paulson Upped to SVP Casting At 20th Century Fox TV
- John Zacherle Dies; Pioneering “Cool Ghoul” Horror Host Was 98
- Rob Sharenow On Cops Going Live In A&E Docu Series ‘Live PD’: “They Want the World To See What Really Goes On”…
- AMC Buys ‘Dietland’ Drama From Marti Noxon & Skydance For Series Consideration