EXCLUSIVE: I’ve learned that Rhona Mitra is finalizing a deal to land the new female lead on Cinemax’s Strike Back in the action drama’s upcoming 10-episode second season. She will play the beautiful, cunning and ultimately ruthless Capt. Rachel Dalton of the British military who is offered the position of head of Section 20 after a long stint working in North Africa. Mitra’s character is expected to fill the void left by the demise of Amanda Mealing’s Col. Eleanor Grant in the first season finale of Strike Back. The series, whose second season is slated to begin filming soon in South Africa, is produced by Cinemax/HBO, Left Bank and Sky, which airs the series in the U.K. Strike Back stars Sullivan Stapleton and Philip Winchester. Season 1 told the story of a charismatic former U.S. Special Forces operative (Stapleton) who joins with a stealth British military unit when a resourceful international terrorist group plots a major attack. British-born Mitra, whose series credits include The Practice, Boston Legal and Nip/Tuck, is repped by Gersh, Untitled and UK’s Ken McReddie.
Rhona Mitra To Join Cinemax Action Drama 'Strike Back' As Female Lead In Season 2
What's Hot on Deadline
Relativity Changes Coming Fast Today -- Sports Division Head And Co-Chief Out; Ron Burkle Takes Over
'Fresh Off The Boat' Inches Up As Fox Comedies & 'The Muppets' Drop; The CW Fall Kickoff OK With 'The Flash', 'iZombie'
Latest TV News
- ‘American Horror Story: Hotel’: Lady Gaga Has Invite For Season 6
- ABC Developing ‘The Homefront’ Family Comedy From Todd Holland
- ‘Sherlock’ Victorian Special Trailer: What A Difference A Century-Plus Makes – Or Does It?
- Jimmy Fallon Books John Boehner For ‘Tonight Show’ As Pol Guests Suddenly Sexy
- ‘Red Oaks’ Review: Amazon’s 1985-Set Coming-Of-Age Comedy Is A Grand Slam
- Kevin Corcoran Dies: ‘Old Yeller’ Actor And TV Producer Was 66