Relativity Media today announced a couple of additional release schedule changes. The Edgar Allan Poe serial killer thriller The Raven is shifting to April 27 where the other wide releases will be Universal’s comedy The Five-Year Engagement and Lionsgate’s Safe. Its former date March 9 had The Raven up against Disney’s sci-fi epic John Carter and Sony/Screen Gems’ Think Like A Man. Relativity also moved the creepy neighbor movie House At The End Of The Street from spring into fall. Now set for September 21, House shares an opening weekend with Lionsgate’s Dredd and Sony’s animated Hotel Transylvania. Its old date April 20 was a bit crowded with The Lucky One from Warner Bros, Scary Movie 5 from The Weinstein Co.’s Dimension, Paramount’s comedy A Thousand Words, FilmDistrict’s sci-fi pic Lockout and Disney’s Chimpanzee nature documentary. As previously reported, director Lasse Hallstrom’s adaptation of Nicholas Sparks novel Safe Haven has been moved to Valentine’s Day 2013 from June 21, 2012.
Relativity Shifts 'The Raven', 'The House At The End Of The Street'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Disney Defrosts New 'Frozen' Short For 2015
- R.I.P. Music Executive & Producer David Anderle
- History's 'Houdini' Locks Up 3.7M On First Night; 'Saved By The Bell' Pic Soft
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero' Adds Cast
- CeeLo Green's 'The Good Life' Gets Ax From TBS
- Venice: Grindstone Acquires Modern-Day 'Cymbeline' With Ethan Hawke & Ed Harris