EXCLUSIVE… UPDATE: I’ve just learned that Relativity Media has begun a process of laying off staffers from the operations and marketing teams. All 10 affected employees were told today. Relativity Media has a total workforce of about 215. The layoffs follow the company’s announcement that it will promote the Bandito Brothers’ upcoming action-thriller Act of Valor with four 30-second Super Bowl-timed spots on February 5th. These commercials are super-expensive which is why most studios usually confine their Super Bowl movie ads to one. In addition to business news reports speculating about Relativity Media’s financial health, there has been considerable executive roiling at the top echelon of the media company run by Ryan Kavanaugh.
Relativity Media Begins Laying Off Staff
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Donald Trump Drums Ted Cruz Out Of Race, Praises Him As "One Hell Of A Competitor" with "Amazing Future"
Latest Film News
- Paramount Pictures Sets Multi-Pictures Deal With UK’s Locksmith Animation
- John Boyega To Star In ‘Woyzeck’ At Old Vic, Jack Thorne Adapting The Modern Classic
- European Box Office Sees Record $8.4B In 2015 Led By ‘Force’-ful Hollywood
- ‘Intouchables’ Helmers Reteaming For ‘C’est La Vie’ – Cannes
- Hulu Acquires Ron Howard’s Beatles Documentary To Launch Docu Films Arm
- Kevin Dillon & DeRon Horton Planted As Leads In ‘Dirt’