EXCLUSIVE… UPDATE: I’ve just learned that Relativity Media has begun a process of laying off staffers from the operations and marketing teams. All 10 affected employees were told today. Relativity Media has a total workforce of about 215. The layoffs follow the company’s announcement that it will promote the Bandito Brothers’ upcoming action-thriller Act of Valor with four 30-second Super Bowl-timed spots on February 5th. These commercials are super-expensive which is why most studios usually confine their Super Bowl movie ads to one. In addition to business news reports speculating about Relativity Media’s financial health, there has been considerable executive roiling at the top echelon of the media company run by Ryan Kavanaugh.
Relativity Media Begins Laying Off Staff
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Latest Film News
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- ‘Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy’ Nabs…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest
- Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn’t – But Who’s Complaining After Cinema’s World…
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85