EXCLUSIVE: Two decades after she made her Broadway debut at the age of 5 singing with the Boys Choir of Harlem, Raven-Symoné is back on stage as the star of a Broadway musical. The actress-singer is set to take over the lead role in the musical Sister Act based on the hit 1992 movie, replacing Patina Miller as Deloris Van Cartier. Whoopi Goldberg, who played Deloris in the film and its sequel, produces the Broadway adaptation featuring original music by Alan Menken, which opened in April 2011. Raven-Symoné is slated to begin rehearsals at the end of February and hit the stage of the Broadway Theatre at the end of March for a minimum six-month engagement. Miller originated the role of Deloris both in the West End and Broadway productions of Sister Act, making her Broadway debut. Raven-Symoné is with UTA and Untitled.
Raven-Symoné To Star In 'Sister Act' On Broadway
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CBS Buys Mob Comedy From 'Big Bang' Actor Kevin Sussman & Neil Moritz
- Spike Buys Illegal Online Marketplace Drama From Tony Krantz & Gary Oldman
- IFC's 'Maron' Renewed For Third Season
- Brian Van Holt To Depart 'Cougar Town'
- Craig Ferguson To Visit NBC's 'Late Night With Seth Meyers' Tonight
- Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order, Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce