Last night’s Cowboys-Giants game on NBC posted a 17.1, the highest overnight rating in the six-year history of Sunday Night Football. That was also the best overnight for any Sunday or Monday primetime NFL game in 13 years (since Broncos-Dolphins, which drew a 17.4 on December 21, 1998 on ABC), edging the previous SNF overnight record holder, this season’s Week 1 Cowboys-Jets game, by 1%. Versus last season’s Week 17 “win-and-in” game, the Cowboys-Giants face-off was up 36%. Still, last night’s game trailed the two Thursday night NFL openers of the last two seasons: the 2010 one (17.7) and the 2011 one (17.2). NBC dominated Sunday primetime riddled with repeats on the other nets.
RATINGS RAT RACE: Series High Overnight Rating For NBC's 'Sunday Night Football'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Tease 100th Episode & Characters’ Fates At Emotional Panel – PaleyFest
- CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives, Podcaster Jon Lovett Says…On CNN
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Cast And EPs Talk “Huge Twist” And Final Episodes – PaleyFest
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”