Last night’s Cowboys-Giants game on NBC posted a 17.1, the highest overnight rating in the six-year history of Sunday Night Football. That was also the best overnight for any Sunday or Monday primetime NFL game in 13 years (since Broncos-Dolphins, which drew a 17.4 on December 21, 1998 on ABC), edging the previous SNF overnight record holder, this season’s Week 1 Cowboys-Jets game, by 1%. Versus last season’s Week 17 “win-and-in” game, the Cowboys-Giants face-off was up 36%. Still, last night’s game trailed the two Thursday night NFL openers of the last two seasons: the 2010 one (17.7) and the 2011 one (17.2). NBC dominated Sunday primetime riddled with repeats on the other nets.
RATINGS RAT RACE: Series High Overnight Rating For NBC's 'Sunday Night Football'
What's Hot on Deadline
'A Quiet Place' Still Noisy With $21M+; 'I Feel Pretty' $18M; 'Super Troopers 2' Arrests $16M - Saturday Update
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
'Jane the Virgin' Finale': Series Creator On That Shocking Twist, 'Dallas'-Inspired Cliffhanger, Season 5 & Show's Endgame
'Love, Gilda' Director On Meeting Gene Wilder & Why Some Gilda Radner 'SNL' Peers Aren't In The Doc - Tribeca
Nyle DiMarco Went From 'America's Next Top Model' To Broadway Producer: How 'Children Of A Lesser God' Paved The Way
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher Asks Michael Avenatti If He Will Run For Office
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Renewed For Season 15 By ABC
- Roberta Flack Falls Ill At Apollo Theater, Rushed To Hospital
- The Weinstein Co. Names Executive With Experience In Restructuring To Board Of Directors
- ‘Jane the Virgin’ Finale’: Series Creator On That Shocking Twist, ‘Dallas’-Inspired Cliffhanger, Season 5…
- UTA Promotes Eight To Agent Status