Last night’s Cowboys-Giants game on NBC posted a 17.1, the highest overnight rating in the six-year history of Sunday Night Football. That was also the best overnight for any Sunday or Monday primetime NFL game in 13 years (since Broncos-Dolphins, which drew a 17.4 on December 21, 1998 on ABC), edging the previous SNF overnight record holder, this season’s Week 1 Cowboys-Jets game, by 1%. Versus last season’s Week 17 “win-and-in” game, the Cowboys-Giants face-off was up 36%. Still, last night’s game trailed the two Thursday night NFL openers of the last two seasons: the 2010 one (17.7) and the 2011 one (17.2). NBC dominated Sunday primetime riddled with repeats on the other nets.
RATINGS RAT RACE: Series High Overnight Rating For NBC's 'Sunday Night Football'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Seduces, 'The Circle' Broken By D+ CinemaScore, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty As 'Furious' Leads Listless Weekend
'Reservoir Dogs' Reunion: Quentin Tarantino Recalls When He "Knew Making Movies Was Going To Work Out" — Tribeca
Director Jim Sheridan's Next: 'H-Block' Coming Together With Cillian Murphy, Jamie Dornan, Pierce Brosnan
Latest TV News
- Amazon & Netflix Lead Daytime Creative Arts Emmy Awards Winners- Full List
- ‘Real Time’: Elizabeth Warren Ignores Bill Maher’s “Pocahontas” Joke
- WGA & AMPTP Talks To Resume On Sunday As Contract Deadline Looms
- PILOTS 2017: Early Pre-Screenings Buzz
- ‘Orange Is The New Black’: Hacker Says He Stole New Season, Demands Ransom From Netflix
- ABC Buys Time Loop Mystery ‘Echo Point’ From ‘Good Neighbor’ Scribe & Safehouse