Last night’s Cowboys-Giants game on NBC posted a 17.1, the highest overnight rating in the six-year history of Sunday Night Football. That was also the best overnight for any Sunday or Monday primetime NFL game in 13 years (since Broncos-Dolphins, which drew a 17.4 on December 21, 1998 on ABC), edging the previous SNF overnight record holder, this season’s Week 1 Cowboys-Jets game, by 1%. Versus last season’s Week 17 “win-and-in” game, the Cowboys-Giants face-off was up 36%. Still, last night’s game trailed the two Thursday night NFL openers of the last two seasons: the 2010 one (17.7) and the 2011 one (17.2). NBC dominated Sunday primetime riddled with repeats on the other nets.
RATINGS RAT RACE: Series High Overnight Rating For NBC's 'Sunday Night Football'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Solar Eclipse A Downer For Netflix, But Boon For Facebook, Social Media
- NBC Takes Early Lead In Donald Trump’s Afghanistan Address Ratings Derby
- Univision Agrees To Carry Katz Networks Through 2024
- ‘Criminal Confessions’: Dick Wolf’s Oxygen Media Reality Series Gets Premiere Date, Trailer
- ‘A Discovery Of Witches’: Teresa Palmer & Matthew Goode To Star; Sky Boards
- Trisha Espinoza Upped To Head Of Planning & Content Strategy For MTV, VH1, Logo Group