Last night’s Cowboys-Giants game on NBC posted a 17.1, the highest overnight rating in the six-year history of Sunday Night Football. That was also the best overnight for any Sunday or Monday primetime NFL game in 13 years (since Broncos-Dolphins, which drew a 17.4 on December 21, 1998 on ABC), edging the previous SNF overnight record holder, this season’s Week 1 Cowboys-Jets game, by 1%. Versus last season’s Week 17 “win-and-in” game, the Cowboys-Giants face-off was up 36%. Still, last night’s game trailed the two Thursday night NFL openers of the last two seasons: the 2010 one (17.7) and the 2011 one (17.2). NBC dominated Sunday primetime riddled with repeats on the other nets.
RATINGS RAT RACE: Series High Overnight Rating For NBC's 'Sunday Night Football'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $285M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Joe Scarborough: Donald Trump’s “Erratic Behavior” Has Republicans Worried
- ‘This Is Us’ Tops ‘The Big Bang Theory’ For the First Time In Live+7 Demo Ratings
- ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ Shocks Fans With The Return Of A Familiar Face
- Costume Designers Guild Awards: 'La La Land,’ 'Hidden Figures' & ‘The Crown’ Among Winners…
- ‘This Is Us’ EPs On Tearjerker ‘Memphis’ Episode, Its Impact On Randall & Future Storylines
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Promises Ben Carson Will Find “True Meaning Of HUD”