ABC dominated primetime on the last night of 2011 with a New Year’s Rockin’ Eve 40th anniversary special and the 40th Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve, co-hosted once again by Ryan Seacrest. The two combined to deliver ABC’s biggest New Year’s primetime numbers (9.8 million viewers, 3.0/11 in adults 18-49) in 11 years and topped the other broadcast networks combined in every half-hour. The anniversary special boosted the primetime portion of Dick Clark’s Rockin’ Eve (12.9 million, 4.1/15) to its largest audience ever on ABC, where it has been airing since 2000. The show was up from last year by 46% in 18-49 and 3.7 million viewers and dwarfed its original broadcast competition from 10-11 PM, NBC’s New Year’s Eve With Carson Daly (3 million, 0.9/3).
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'New Year's Rockin' Eve' Up, Hits Viewership High On ABC
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- ‘Power’ Gets Season 4 Premiere Date On Starz
- Los Angeles Chargers Line Up Broadcast Partners
- Hilary Swank Joins FX’s Getty Kidnapping Saga ‘Trust’
- Fox To Honor Jonathan Demme On Tonight’s ‘Shots Fired’ Episode
- ‘Great News’ Off To OK Ratings Start, ‘The Flash’ & ‘iZombie’ Tick Up In Return
- Bill Cosby’s Daughter Declares Actor Not “A Rapist” As 2004 Rape Trial Looms