ABC dominated primetime on the last night of 2011 with a New Year’s Rockin’ Eve 40th anniversary special and the 40th Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve, co-hosted once again by Ryan Seacrest. The two combined to deliver ABC’s biggest New Year’s primetime numbers (9.8 million viewers, 3.0/11 in adults 18-49) in 11 years and topped the other broadcast networks combined in every half-hour. The anniversary special boosted the primetime portion of Dick Clark’s Rockin’ Eve (12.9 million, 4.1/15) to its largest audience ever on ABC, where it has been airing since 2000. The show was up from last year by 46% in 18-49 and 3.7 million viewers and dwarfed its original broadcast competition from 10-11 PM, NBC’s New Year’s Eve With Carson Daly (3 million, 0.9/3).
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'New Year's Rockin' Eve' Up, Hits Viewership High On ABC
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Latest TV News
- CBS’ Paired ‘The Big Bang Theory’ And ‘Sheldon’ Dominate Flat Thursday
- ‘Still The King’ Billy Ray Cyrus Comedy Series Canceled By CMT After 2 Seasons
- Dave Chappelle’s New Netflix Special Set For New Year’s Eve
- Adam McKay Reteams With Composer Nicholas Britell On Two Projects
- Ben Affleck Calls Harvey Weinstein “Sleazy”, Admires Rose McGowan
- ‘Nashville’ To End: Season 6 On CMT Will Be Country Drama Series’ Last