ABC and the CW returned to originals last night with CBS, NBC and Fox sticking to reruns. The premiere of ABC’s Winter Wipeout (2.8/8 among adults 18-49) was down 26% from its January 2011 premiere but up from the special Wipeout airing in November, which drew a 1.9. Wipeout marked a significant improvement for ABC in the Thursday 8 PM slot vs. fall occupant Charlie’s Angels and posted a season high in the hour among adults 18-49. It also may have helped Grey’s Anatomy (4.5/11), which returned up 10% from its most recent original two months ago. The gains extended to 10 PM, where Grey’s spinoff Private Practice (2.8/7) was up 8% from its last original in November. ABC (3.3/9, 9.5 million viewers) won the night in 18-49 and total viewers with its best numbers in 15 weeks. The CW’s Thursday dramas also came back after a two-month hiatus last night. Both The Vampire Diaries (1.4/4) and The Secret Circle (0.8/2) were even with their last originals November 10.
Ratings Rat Race: 'Grey's', 'Private Practice' Up; 'Vampire Diaries', 'Secret Circle' Flat
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On 'Norm Macdonald Live'
Latest TV News
- Imagine Announces $100M TV Production Venture With China’s TVB
- ITV Earnings Down In First Half Amid UK Advertising Slump
- ‘Hit The Road’ Star Jason Alexander On Making A Family Comedy Not For Families — TCA
- David Letterman Talks The Changing Late-Night Landscape, His Talk Show Return On ‘Norm Macdonald Live’
- ‘Loudermilk’ Star Ron Livingston Wonders If Critics Watch TV Until Their Eyes Bleed – TCA
- ‘Mr. Mercedes’ Director On Tackling Violent Themes — TCA