ABC and the CW returned to originals last night with CBS, NBC and Fox sticking to reruns. The premiere of ABC’s Winter Wipeout (2.8/8 among adults 18-49) was down 26% from its January 2011 premiere but up from the special Wipeout airing in November, which drew a 1.9. Wipeout marked a significant improvement for ABC in the Thursday 8 PM slot vs. fall occupant Charlie’s Angels and posted a season high in the hour among adults 18-49. It also may have helped Grey’s Anatomy (4.5/11), which returned up 10% from its most recent original two months ago. The gains extended to 10 PM, where Grey’s spinoff Private Practice (2.8/7) was up 8% from its last original in November. ABC (3.3/9, 9.5 million viewers) won the night in 18-49 and total viewers with its best numbers in 15 weeks. The CW’s Thursday dramas also came back after a two-month hiatus last night. Both The Vampire Diaries (1.4/4) and The Secret Circle (0.8/2) were even with their last originals November 10.
Ratings Rat Race: 'Grey's', 'Private Practice' Up; 'Vampire Diaries', 'Secret Circle' Flat
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Lochte Teammate James Feigen Apologizes, Details Rio Gas Station Gaffe & Brazilian Authorities' Big Fine Demands
Oscars: Saudi Arabia Enters 'Barakah Meets Barakah' In Foreign Language Race; Kingdom's Second Submission Ever
Vice's Shane Smith To Big Media: "Open Sh*t Up" Or Alienate A Generation; Predicts M&A Frenzy; Talks Disney - Edinburgh
Latest TV News
- Britney Spears TV Movie In Works At Lifetime; Natasha Bassett To Star
- Jon Favreau To Direct Seth MacFarlane’s Space Comedic Drama Series For Fox
- Double Emmy Nominee Derek McLane on ‘Hairspray Live’, Lady Gaga And ‘The Wiz!’
- Viceland Taps Ex-NBC Late-Night PR Exec Marc Liepis As Head of Communications
- ‘Nashville’: Connie Britton No Longer Regular; Will She Leave Country Drama?
- ‘Battlefield’-Inspired Live-Action Digital Series To Premiere On Go90