CBS’ Friday lineup posted gains in its return to originals after a month of reruns. A Gifted Man (1.5/5) was up 15% from its most recent original on December 2, CSI:NY (1.8/5) was up 29% and Blue Bloods (1.8/5) was up 13%. Similarly, the CW’s Nikita (0.6/2) climbed 20% from its most recent first-run episode, and Supernatural (0.8/2) was up 14%. The tide lifted all the ships, with NBC’s Chuck (1.0/3) up 25% from last week as the series approaches its series finale later this month. Also heading into its series finale is ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, whose back-to-back episodes last night (1.4/4, 1.6/5) were up 17% and 23%, respectively, from December 16. Fox is expected to top Friday night in 18-49 with the Cotton Bowl, while CBS is on track for a No. 1 finish in total viewers.
RATINGS RAT RACE: CBS And CW Dramas Return Higher From Holiday Hiatus
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
Latest TV News
- Obama Derides Donald Trump In ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ Visit
- Media-Loathing Donald Trump Launches Alt Nightly Campaign Coverage
- Michael Gleason Dies; ‘Remington Steele’ Co-Creator Was 78
- Charter Fails To Get Byron Allen’s $10B Racial Discrimination Suit Dismissed
- ‘Ice’: Antoine Fuqua Pulls Back, Remains Executive Producer On DirecTV Series
- Lady Gaga Talks Super Bowl, Shouts At Drivers In ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Sneak Peek