ABC did well counter-programming originals against the big NFC Championship game on Fox, which dominated the night. Freshman Once Upon A Time (3.2/7 in 18-49, 9.3 million viewers) was down only a tenth from last week. Veteran Desperate Housewives (2.6/5, 7.5 million) also dropped only a tenth from last week, while Pan Am (1.3/3, 3.9 million) was even with its fast national and up a tenth from the final. CBS played it safe with reruns and a new Undercover Boss (2.2/5, 9.2 million) at 8 PM, which was down 27% from last week. After getting several lifelines early in its run, NBC’s Prime Suspect didn’t stand a chance in its final foray last night with two back-to-back originals against the big game. The series’ penultimate epiosde posted a 0.8/2, while the finale managed a 0.7/2, closing the show with a series low. The highest-rated entertainment program last night aired outside of primetime: The start of a special episode of American Idol (7.9, 19.8 million viewers) was pushed by the NFC Championship game’s overtime to a 10:57 PM start. Because of the delay, Fox will rerun the episode tomorrow night at 8 PM, pre-empting a Glee repeat.
RATINGS RAT RACE: ABC Dramas Hold Up Well Against NFC Game, 'Idol' Gets Sampled
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Matthew Lillard To Star In ‘Problem Child’ NBC Pilot
- ‘True Blood’s Rutina Wesley To Star In ‘Broad Squad’, More ABC Pilots Add Cast
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Martha Plimpton To Star In Dan Savage ABC Pilot ‘Family of the Year’
- Christina Vidal To Star In ‘The Curse Of the Fuentes Women’ Pilot, Daphne Rubin-Vega Also Cast
- Peter Gallagher & Olivia Thirlby Join Fox Pilot 'Detour' Inspired By Rivers Cuomo