ABC did well counter-programming originals against the big NFC Championship game on Fox, which dominated the night. Freshman Once Upon A Time (3.2/7 in 18-49, 9.3 million viewers) was down only a tenth from last week. Veteran Desperate Housewives (2.6/5, 7.5 million) also dropped only a tenth from last week, while Pan Am (1.3/3, 3.9 million) was even with its fast national and up a tenth from the final. CBS played it safe with reruns and a new Undercover Boss (2.2/5, 9.2 million) at 8 PM, which was down 27% from last week. After getting several lifelines early in its run, NBC’s Prime Suspect didn’t stand a chance in its final foray last night with two back-to-back originals against the big game. The series’ penultimate epiosde posted a 0.8/2, while the finale managed a 0.7/2, closing the show with a series low. The highest-rated entertainment program last night aired outside of primetime: The start of a special episode of American Idol (7.9, 19.8 million viewers) was pushed by the NFC Championship game’s overtime to a 10:57 PM start. Because of the delay, Fox will rerun the episode tomorrow night at 8 PM, pre-empting a Glee repeat.
RATINGS RAT RACE: ABC Dramas Hold Up Well Against NFC Game, 'Idol' Gets Sampled
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Roy Wood Jr. To Star In Parole Officer Comedy From Trevor Noah & Aaron McGruder In Works At Comedy Central
Latest TV News
- ‘Luther’, ‘Mistresses’ & ‘Life On Mars’ Getting Korean Remakes – BBC Showcase
- Fox News Launching Standalone Subscription Service Fox Nation
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling…
- Fergie Apologizes For NBA All-Star Game National Anthem That “Didn’t Strike The Intended Tone”
- Donald Trump Will Attend This Year’s Gridiron Dinner; Still A “Maybe” On White House Correspondents…
- David Parfitt Accuses Harvey Weinstein Of Assaulting Him On ‘My Week With Marilyn’